Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Greased Lightning Orange Blast kills bed bugs on contact

(8 posts)
  1. BB_Slayer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Nov 10 2009 20:40:01
    #

Login to Send PM

The ingredient (d-limonene) which is mentioned as the 'bug killing' ingredient in Murphy's Oil Soap in another thread on this forum is actually the main component of citrus oil. I suspect that any household cleaning product with orange oil or lemon oil will kill bed bugs on contact.

I have tried Greased Lightning Orange Blast and it works. I've killed three bugs with it so far; one bug even seemed to dissolve somewhat. Ewww.

Greased Lightning is not flammable; I held a flame to a few drops of it in my kitchen sink. It doesn't seem to damage or stain fabric either. One squirt will kill nymphs, adults may require 2 squirts.

2. watkinsnewan

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Nov 10 2009 21:08:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is the number In the event of a medical emergency 1-877-800-5553.. ( 911 )Eye irritation and skin irritation...May be harmful if swallowed contains water Glycol ether alkaline builders and surefactants. (I have no clue what those are I read it directly off the label)Avoid contact with eyes.Do not taste or swallow.Avoid prolong contact with skin..use rubber gloves with sensitive skin WASH HANDS thoroughly after use... I have a bottle doesn't mean I am going to use it as a spot treatment... my husband only uses this stuff out side... cause it causes throat irritation to me and the kids..The bottle also says consulate manufacture 's recommendations... so call the company the # is on the bottle... it also says ~~~ KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN I think that means PETS TOO~~~There are A LOT of surfaces you cant use this product on...like Paint ,varnished or acrylic surfaces, leather, aluminum, Plain, anodized,or alloy, laminated or clear coated surfaces stain resistant carpet and counter tops...~That was right off the bottle...~

3. BB_Slayer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Nov 10 2009 21:30:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Someone in another thread stated that they're using the following products:

1gal Bonide, 0.02% deltamethrin
    1.5lb Terro Ant dust, 0.05% deltamethrin
    32oz Spectrum Triazicide, 0.25% gamma-cyhalothrin
    1.5lb Bayer Ant, 0.1% Cyfluthrin (large granules)
    1lb Scotts Bug-B-Gone dust, 0.25% permethrin
    32oz JT Eaton BedBug Spray, 0.13% pyrethrin

I think the Greased Lightning is less dangerous than these chemicals. It doesn't bother me, anyway.

4. watkinsnewan

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Nov 10 2009 21:44:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I really know what you r saying it is just that in my case I cant just use any thing and I have a lot of the products radially available that are on this site and Woman especially like ME and the situation I am in with 5 kids and Vulnerable state of mind that we can get in to ... need to be warned.. So be care full next time you post and keep in mind people who come in here can use this product and not have the warnings and kill someone or something... I know this product and it is also dangerous just like the formula above that you posted from the other thread....Especially in the state of mind we are all in while we are ALL in the fight of our lives.. and just cause it don't bother you don't mean you are not being affected by it.. Brother... ya hear me ... as a mother..

5. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Nov 10 2009 21:47:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Sure, GL kills on contact, but do do a lot of cheaper, milder products. The pyrethrins are for a longer term kill, which GL does not offer. BTW, I'm glad you've become safety conscious.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  6. watkinsnewan

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Nov 10 2009 23:30:42
    #

Login to Send PM

ignorance is bliss.. I am glad I stayed with this site I think ya'll are rubbing off on me.. GOOD thing too. ..I have heard each and every word I may not remember it all right now but A lot of the comments stuck with me.... Success story will be soon... I have already started it..... Hope fully my favorite teacher will help me with the final touches..
    Remember future readers Safety ALWAYS first..

7. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Nov 11 2009 0:52:07
    #

Login to Send PM

watkinsnewan - 1 hour ago  » 
    ignorance is bliss.. I am glad I stayed with this site I think ya'll are rubbing off on me.. GOOD thing too. ..I have heard each and every word I may not remember it all right now but A lot of the comments stuck with me.... Success story will be soon... I have already started it..... Hope fully my favorite teacher will help me with the final touches..
    Remember future readers Safety ALWAYS first..

the safety comment was directed at mr. Butane torch

8. BB_Slayer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Nov 11 2009 21:17:43
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a cigarette lighter, not quite a torch

I found a scientific study online that said bed bugs die instantly at 122 degrees. (They also die at lower temps but it takes longer.) A flame brings them up to 122 rather quickly!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.