Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Introductions

GOING CRAZY. ANXIETY IS THROUGH THE ROOF. HELP.

(11 posts)
  1. Xoxo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 25 2017 18:17:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. Here is my story.. So i wasnt sure I had bedbugs till the other day.... But i will explain. Here starts the beginning... One of my friends has had them since November and I think i may have brought them home. I only believed this because I have strange bites that are in a row on my thigh. I went to the Internet, which I shouldn't have done because I am now going crazy, and I read that bites in a row are usually bed bug bites. Like I said, I am going crazy.

The thing is..... I HADN'T SEEN ANY. AT ALL. TIL THE OTHER DAY.
    When my friend first discovered she had them, I saw a small bug that I thought was a bed bug on my floor. It was so small and hard to identify, so I gave up. But I kept randomly got these bites once every month since November. The thing I'm confused on.... WHY DO THEY BITE ONLY ONCE A MONTH AROUND THE SAME DATE. IS THAT A THING? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

I also read on the Internet (I know, I'm sorry, I'm sure you hear that a lot), that the bugs can feed once and go into hiding for WEEKS.. BUT ONCE A MONTH. AROUND THE SAME TIME.

Again, I haven't seen anything and also had someone from terminix come check twice, but same guy came twice and was not thorough at all.

EVERYONE THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY FOR MONTHS TIL I CAUGHT ONE. EVEN MY FRIEND WITH THE BED BUGS KEPT TELLING ME I DIDN'T HAVE THEM BC THERE WOULD BE ALOT BY NOW. the terminix guy said the same thing... That there would be alot by now. Anyway... Friday morning I woke up scratching at 3:30 am. Freaked out. Looked all over. Found nothing. Looked again. And again. Moved stuff around. And randomly found ONE small one on my bed. I was in shock and oddly relieved because I FINALLY FOUND PROOF OF SOMETHING. anyway... I'm having a good company come that has good reviews but I need to start the cleaning process. The issue is... I have a huge house and many family members. I am not in a good mental state because of this.
    Why are the bugs only biting once a month at the same time? What does this mean? And is it possible to not have seen any since November?! She had a bad infestation. Any advice for me on anything... Would be appreciated... Thanks..

2. Freaked Fighter

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 25 2017 18:44:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert but, to me it still doesn't sound like BBs. Is there any way you can upload a pic with a title something like, "Expert ID please," so one of our wonderful experts can tell. Again, I'm not an expert, but it just doesn't sound right. An expert will probably come along on Monday. Good luck to you.

NOT AN EXPERT but a survivor, twice. Read all the green stickies above, learn everything you can, and listen to the expert advice and your nightmare will end. You too can survive this!
  3. Xoxo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 25 2017 18:54:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Freaked fighter: unfortunately I've had it ID'ed already and it's a bed bug. Trust me. I prayed day and night that it had to be something else. But it's not. It's a bedbug. And it's all I can think about. I can't eat or sleep. I have been avoiding friends. I feel trapped and alone.

4. Xoxo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 25 2017 18:55:12
    #

Login to Send PM

5. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 25 2017 19:29:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert so I can't help with the ID from the pic.

The 3-in-a-row bite pattern is a myth. It can happen but it's not the rule. I had bed bugs twice, dozens of bites, never in a pattern.

Given the chance (a host), bed bugs will feed every 5-10 days.

Bed bugs will not go "dormant" as long as a host is present.

6. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 25 2017 19:29:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs can hide anywhere but would preferably be close as possible to their food (you) but not too close as to be disturbed. The most favorite place is in the boxspring. But with a light infestation it is hard to detect them because they hide so well.
    You are doing the right thing by prepping for treatment and having a pro come look. Just don't spray any insecticides as it can cause any bugs present to scatter and spread out making treatment harder.

As for being bitten only once a month my only guess as a non expert is maybe you are being bitten more often but you just dont react right away.

For now just read the FAQs here on the site until an expert can advise what to do next.

http://bedbugger.com/2007/01/20/faq-think-you-have-bed-bugs-some-dos-and-donts/

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  7. Freaked Fighter

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 25 2017 23:46:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, you must be pulling your hair out. I really feel for you. What a dilemma.

In my non-expert opinion, it has that BB baby look. But once a month is extremely odd. Do you share walls with a neighbor that could send wanderers your way? Even if it was just that baby, you or someone would be getting bit a few times a week. Is there someone living with you that could be a non-reacter?

And as BBBMe suggests there is a wealth of info here on the site. Take advantage. It calmed me down a bit after my first go-around.

Good luck to you.

8. Xoxo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 26 2017 11:17:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Freaked Fighter - 11 hours ago  » 
    Wow, you must be pulling your hair out. I really feel for you. What a dilemma.
    In my non-expert opinion, it has that BB baby look. But once a month is extremely odd. Do you share walls with a neighbor that could send wanderers your way? Even if it was just that baby, you or someone would be getting bit a few times a week. Is there someone living with you that could be a non-reacter?
    And as BBBMe suggests there is a wealth of info here on the site. Take advantage. It calmed me down a bit after my first go-around.
    Good luck to you.

I live in a pretty large house with my sister sleeping in my room. No one in the house has complained of anything. I react VERY easily and quick from the bites, either right away or the next day.
    SEE!! THAT'S WHAT NO ONE CAN ANSWER. why once a month?? It makes no sense, not even the exterminator could give me any clues on that. Exterminator told me i have to prep entire house, which I will do today. But like I said, I have 5 siblings and a mom. None of complained of anything. AND my sister sleeps in my room and we share clothing.

9. Xoxo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 26 2017 11:19:53
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 15 hours ago  » 
    I'm not an expert so I can't help with the ID from the pic.
    The 3-in-a-row bite pattern is a myth. It can happen but it's not the rule. I had bed bugs twice, dozens of bites, never in a pattern.
    Given the chance (a host), bed bugs will feed every 5-10 days.
    Bed bugs will not go "dormant" as long as a host is present.

Hi, yes that's what i read. As long as I am here, they should be biting me. But I react quick, either same day or day after. And I've kept track since January. Only some bites once a month around the exact same time....

10. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 26 2017 12:58:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Could you be getting these bites somewhere outside the home?

11. Xoxo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 26 2017 13:01:48
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Could you be getting these bites somewhere outside the home?

I thought it was this for a while, but not anymore. I found one ( see pic above)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991