Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Furnishings in the Winter cold teens temperatures,

(3 posts)
  1. theszak

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 7 2015 8:45:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Even though there's forum documentation otherwise, it could be that an informal experiment putting furnishings outside in the winter cold teens temperature worked this time. No bugs appeared in the furnishings afterward, yet.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 7 2015 13:14:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Let me think.

Yes an informal experiment is much more likely to defy the laws of physics and magically make it likely to work.

It is written before because it's been done before, while it's your choice to waste your own time and efforts it's not "cool karma" to waste the resources of others (including making me write the 10th post this year confirming it's not possible).

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 7 2015 14:33:22
    #

Login to Send PM

theszak - 5 hours ago  » 
    Even though there's forum documentation otherwise, it could be that an informal experiment putting furnishings outside in the winter cold teens temperature worked this time. No bugs appeared in the furnishings afterward, yet.

theszak,

Several thoughts come to mind:
    (a) If it were easy to inspect items to find bed bugs, you could just do that instead of treating them. It's not, and given that fact, it might take time to know if some bed bugs or eggs survived in your items or not.
    (b) You can't be sure there were bed bugs in your items at all. So not reintroducing bed bugs doesn't mean the freezing process worked, it just means you don't know.
    (c) It's not that freezing temperatures can't kill bed bugs. It's just that these need to be sufficiently cold and carefully maintained (not fluctuating). And you really need to monitor temperatures inside the items in various places to know whether those temperatures were maintained.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,567 posts in 43,045 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234