Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

FRIEND W POSSIBLE BED BUGS ENTERED MY CAR..

(8 posts)
  1. scaredandanxiouslo

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed May 17 2017 15:15:54
    #

Login to Send PM

My friend made me drive to the store with a bag of his staff in my backseat and just told me he may have bed bugs. Bed bugs are my biggest fear. What do I do to ensure they don't spread to my home, if they happened to get into my car?

2. scaredandanxiouslo

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 15:52:02
    #

Login to Send PM

confirmed he does have bed bugs! what do i do?! do you guys think i'm fine?

3. scaredandanxiouslo

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 16:04:54
    #

Login to Send PM

someone please reply. i am dying of anxiety.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 16:15:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Monitor the situation and keep an eye out for evidence like cast skins or live bed bugs, but unless your friend is heavily infested I wouldn't think the exposure necessarily means that bed bugs were transferred from your friend's belongings to your car.

What whispers the whisker?
  5. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 16:41:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm assuming the bag was not sealed and the clothing was not heat treated? Ask your friend what exactly was in the bag and where the items came from. If there were items from the closet less likely to be infested than stuff lying around on the bed unless a heavy infestation and/or bugs were seen in the closet. But as previously stated even that doesn't mean the bugs were transferred. Again, monitor the situation both in the car and in your home. Lots of good advice on that in the FAQ's and Useful Tool Section here.

Richard

6. scaredandanxiouslo

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 18:58:36
    #

Login to Send PM

the bags were unsealed unfortunately. he is a very tidy person and never leaves things laying around by his bed. all dirty clothes but he keeps them in his closet. i was driving him to the laundromat. i'm scared. i don't think it was a large scale infestation.

7. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 20:23:33
    #

Login to Send PM

As mentioned before, unless it's a large scale infestation, in general, items hung in a closet should be OK. That said, inspection and monitoring is always a good idea.

Richard

8. ambushed9

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri May 19 2017 15:02:55
    #

Login to Send PM

If you are creeped out and scared you can always be proactive and do a serious car cleaning/vacuuming. If you use your home vacuum, throw away the bag afterwards.

Breathe. It'll be ok. Even if you do find a bug there's plenty of info on here to help you avoid being involved in a major infestation.

Shari

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

259,586 posts in 41,771 topics over 127 months by 18,318 of 18,785 members. Latest: ALivingNightmare, MontanaSPC, sarasoli