Freezing

(4 posts)
  1. pissedoff

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Dec 9 2007 14:26:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I have read freezing will take a week or two in sub zero temps. Im *guessing* that the majority of sites I have researched on are written by Amaricans.I am in Manitoba Canada and the overnight temp dropped to -28C with a -36 windchill and right now it is -19C with a -28 windchill. Will these extreme temps kill them off any faster? Right now my furniture is outside sitting in snow so I would kind of like to get it back in out of the snow ASAP.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Dec 9 2007 18:06:36
    #

Login to Send PM

http://bedbugger.com/2007/08/04/faq-leaving-stuff-out-to-freeze-walk-in-freezers-etc-how-cold-and-how-long/

Lou Sorkin, entomologist, said it took 5 days to kill bed bugs at -29F. Don't have info on colder temps. I'd give it 5 days.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. pissedoff

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Dec 9 2007 20:29:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the link. Guess Im gonna have to leave it out there.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Dec 9 2007 20:31:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Remember, it could take longer. Stuff can be very insulating. Think about people camping in sleeping bags which are suitable for X degrees. Lou was not trying to freeze bed bugs wrapped in comforters or quilts or bags of clothing or books.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,634 posts in 29,299 topics over 90 months by 12,637 of 19,885 members. Latest: leavemebe, Moxtr, djyang