Found one bug crawling on floor

(4 posts)
  1. crazybugkilla

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 13 2012 12:52:41
    #

Login to Send PM

My baby was playing on his alphabet puzzle playmat this morning and my cat started to sniff around. We caught a bug and bagged it. It is definitely 100% a bed bug. My super came and verified and I looked at the pictures. It is an adult who has not recently fed.

No one has any bites. I checked my couch, beds, cribs, etc. and found nothing. I know what I'm looking for. My building has an infestation in one apartment on the other side of the building - no walls in common at all - and it was on my floor briefly but has been declared gone as of a couple months ago. Again we do not share any walls with the apartment that had the problem on my floor.

I do have a babysitter who comes in and out, my husband and I both commute, and I bought some stuff at the store yesterday.

What do you think? Did this stray bug come in as a hitch-hiker or should I FREAK THE F**K OUT?!?!?!! (guess which my inclination is! I don't even curse!)

**going to give my cat a treat, and try not to PANIC!!

2. crazybugkilla

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 13 2012 13:59:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone?!?!

3. OHNONONO

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 13 2012 16:58:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm new at this game and may be dealing with something that's not even BB's, but I WISH WISH WISH I would've had a reputable BB sniffing dog come in first w/ a handler that confirms with visual inspection.

4. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Sep 13 2012 20:29:14
    #

Login to Send PM

You can read the FAQs on the bedbug dogs. What will your landlord do? Will they bring in a PCO or dog?

You may want to look into passive since they would most likely be near where you rest (bed) or are a lot (play area would make sense to me but I'm not an expert).

I'm hoping that it is just one!

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,596 posts in 43,507 topics over 131 months by 19,061 of 19,650 members. Latest: lexie0490, onyva, Ruth989