Found one bed bug called inspector he found none

(4 posts)
  1. Lys

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun Jan 7 2018 19:58:13
    #

Login to Send PM

We found one nymph on our bed a week after staying in a hotel. It was slow moving and half dead when we found it. We don't have much money and had to wait another week to get an inspector in. He searched my entire house and didn't find anything. Not one sign. He spent about two hours looking and was very thorough. He could tell how distraught I was and even sat on my bed and said I normally don't do this in a house with bed bugs but this is how worried I am. He knew we didn't have money to treat so recommended some products he's heard from other people that they have had success with over the counter. He told me to spray once every two weeks for a month, dry everything, get some de if I wanted to be cautious. Which of course I did all those things. Nobody in my family has or has had any signs of bites. But I can't stop freaking out. I'm up every night with a flash light watching my bed and my skin itches but there's nothing there. How likely is there that there's more? We really can't afford professional but anything else I could do or should do? Should I still be really worried?

2. thirdusername

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 8 2018 1:52:05
    #

Login to Send PM

If you're in the US I recommend cimexa over de.
    Someone in the family would have bites by now but maybe no one reacts.
    I know how tiring it is to inspect all the time so try to get some sleep.
    Has it been a month?
    I would inspect every month but not nightly.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. Lys

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 8 2018 11:28:56
    #

Login to Send PM

It's only been two weeks. I have a baby and small kids so I feel like they would react. There's been no bites or any other signs. The inspector literally found nothing. Not a casing not a speck of feces. I'm trying to call down but I can't. I'm afraid if I do it'll become an infestation. He said with the actions I've taken and the fact he found nothing I should be okay. But there's still that chance. We got mattress and box spring encasements so hopefully if anything is on the mattress it's trapped in. I just can't calm down.

4. Lys

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 8 2018 11:29:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh and of course my dryer picks now to break!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,894 posts in 45,390 topics over 138 months by 19,945 of 20,704 members. Latest: davebentonn, Therseld1931@armyspy.com, Chivabug