Found another source..where else?

(5 posts)
  1. goingcrazy88

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 2 2018 23:24:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I found out that my sons carseat was infested. I laid beside it last night when i laid down with my oldest. I felt 4-5 bugs crawling on me not within a half hour of laying down. I decide to throw the carseat outside in the snow. I vacuum and made us all change clothes. I laid our blankets down and we went about with our night as usual. After throwing out the car seat, I didnt feel anything crawling on me, though i had some pretty intense itching like if Ive been bitten by a dozen of mosquito's. I didnt wake up to anything crawling on me like i have been the past week. I was having nightmares about the bed bugs. Now its like my body has and alarm of it ms own set to wake up once it feels like its being touched. I didn't feel anything on me all day. I thought maybe I had finally found the source where the bed bugs been hiding. But tonight I vacuum again, give the kids a bath and put them in their clean jammies. I lay them down for bed and low and behold...im feelimg something crawl on me again. No, i havent seen any live bugs but I do know they're there, hence the bites. I do everything i can
    Even dealt with an exterminater. I do live in an apartment so not sure if neighbors had them? Was told on the paper I was given that the professional will be inspecting neighboring units. Mot sure if he really did though. The person who spread them to me, has been over at my neighbors around the same time he was here also. But wouldn't they do something about it if they did? I tjink with them having inspections here, the maintanence would notice by now since they can multiply fast. Im about to have a nervous break down. I thought "yes! Finally! Gone!" While im here scratching my back as we speak. Where else should i look for the bugs? Weve been sleeping on yhr living room floor since october. Ive checked everything we sleep or lounge close to a lot. I can find a dang bug anywhere :'(

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jan 4 2018 15:50:58
    #

Login to Send PM

The crawling sensation isn't all that rare after finding bed bugs. You just have to train yourself to ignore those feelings. Bed bugs aren't ninjas, they seek shelter like every other creature on this earth. They are incapable of "hiding" in the sense that we know it.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. Helerown

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jan 4 2018 23:15:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I can relate to you so much so. I have not seen a live bug either but I know they were here and might still be. I too have been sleeping on my living room floor on an air mattress since 3 1/2 weeks ago. Has your place been treated? What prompted you to initially suspect bed bugs?

4. thirdusername

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Jan 5 2018 0:31:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I read BBs don't crawl on people because body heat is too hot.
    Did the inspection by the PCO find anything?
    Mine didn't except the first time.
    They could be living in anything near where you sleep, fabric stuff, wood stuff.
    Not usually smooth stuff.
    You could read the FAQs about building your own monitors.
    Your bites could be skin reactions (allergies, etc) from something else.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Jan 5 2018 16:21:12
    #

Login to Send PM

thirdusername - 15 hours ago  » 
    I read BBs don't crawl on people because body heat is too hot.
    Did the inspection by the PCO find anything?
    Mine didn't except the first time.
    They could be living in anything near where you sleep, fabric stuff, wood stuff.
    Not usually smooth stuff.
    You could read the FAQs about building your own monitors.
    Your bites could be skin reactions (allergies, etc) from something else.

Where did you read that? They will crawl on you -- your heat is what is attractive at close range. They don't stay on you, but crawl off after feeding. They don't have to be on you to feed on you, just close enough (a few mm) so their extended proboscis can contact your skin and the internal stylets penetrate.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,369 posts in 44,499 topics over 135 months by 19,512 of 20,192 members. Latest: crazybugkiller, friendlyroommate, Unlucky