Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

FOUND A STRONG BEDBUG KILLER THAT WORKS !!!!!!

(24 posts)
  1. zenmasterx

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 12:12:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I found a strong bedbug killer after spending lots of cash on bad products that did not produce.

I found this product a my local home depot and want to let everyone know i cant believe the results

No bites at all after 2 days!! the product is BAYER ADVANCED HOME PEST comes in 1 gal for $11

Now i can sleep spray baseboards under bed and in cracks you will love this product and dont smell bad either.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 13:17:34
    #

Login to Send PM

yawn!

3. bait

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 13:46:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations, zenmasterx. Getting sleep is crucial to your having control. W/o sleep, people get crazy.

Can you post the ingredients, active and otherwise? If/when you do, please tell us the prescribed application.

Thanks. Keep us posted; two days is not a long time in the span of a bedbug infestation.

4. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 14:43:27
    #

Login to Send PM

bait - 53 minutes ago  » 

Can you post the ingredients, active and otherwise? If/when you do, please tell us the prescribed application.
    Thanks. Keep us posted; two days is not a long time in the span of a bedbug infestation.

Google it up and read the label. Any and all pesticides the prescribed SAFE application is on the label.

It is a pre diluted formulation that is using the active ingredient as Tempo.

Liquids can be good, dusts are far better. That is a fact presented at the recent BB conference with prominent entomologist.

Jim

5. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 14:53:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, with bed bugs, it's less about the strength of chemical used and much more about how effectively the chemicals and materials are applied and where.

6. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 15:21:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations on two days' respite.

Hopefully, this will work for you. Please keep us updated over time, 20, 30, 60 days.

What works for you now may or may not work for you longer term or for others. The "wisdom" in the field is that prople often get a temporary reprieve, only to learn that they drove the problem to less accessible areas of their homes.

BTW, what country are you in? Is the product labeled for BB and for indoors?

Best of luck.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  7. bait

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 15:40:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not interested in buying this, Spidey.

For the sake of information sharing, it would be helpful if more information was posted here, rather than less, that's all.

Is Tempo Temprid? -- one of the three products mentioned in a recent report on a seminar.

8. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 16:16:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Tempo and the above Bayer products are beta cyfluthrin. Temprid combines beta cyfluthrin and imidacloprid. Bayer's lit on Temprid implies that it is a repellant. Hmm.

9. watkinsnewan

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 16:22:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay DIDNT WE go through this with the Ortho.. aren't they ALMOST the same product..

Also I Think I read some where this product helps with the mites that live on mice... Does anyone know if it is true..

10. DeathToAllBBs

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 17:41:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Anytime someone comes here and declares that they found some great solution and it's their first post, I don't even read anything after it. It just seems suspiciously like solicitation since people who have made dozens, hundreds and maybe even thousands of posts still haven't found that 'miracle' solution.

11. watkinsnewan

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 17:52:00
    #

Login to Send PM

DeathToAllBBs - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Anytime someone comes here and declares that they found some great solution and it's their first post, I don't even read anything after it. It just seems suspiciously like solicitation since people who have made dozens, hundreds and maybe even thousands of posts still haven't found that 'miracle' solution.

I did ......~~~~A PROFESSIONAL~~after I self treated and made things worse..

12. DeathToAllBBs

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 17:59:36
    #

Login to Send PM

You're lucky then, watkinsnewan, because the professional they've been using where I am has yet to get rid of these little bloodsuckers. It's been going on for around a year, too. So frustrating.

13. watkinsnewan

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 18:13:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I couldn't even imagine going through it for that long.. I just found out late SEP.. I had one treatment and they forgot the Wood bunk bed in my sons room and had to come back for the second.. no charge for the second treatment..They sprayed the whole house again and the beds again and treated the wood bunk beds.. The second treatment was this last Friday.. I haven't seen any yet.. an no bites on me or any of the 5 kids.. I also live in a single dwelling.. and followed some strict guidelines.. from this web site..
    I was very strict on the PCO.. and my family.. The funny thing is I only payed $450.00 for A thirty day guarantee with A minimal payment if I need it after that... the District manager thought it was expensive that someone would have to pay that much...hahahah NOT.. Orkin.. John's my guy.. he is the District Manager..
    I was taking no malarkey.. AT ALL..
    I also weeded through 4 or 5 companies till my GUT told me to go with this company... It took two weeks till I decided to hire one..

14. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 20:33:51
    #

Login to Send PM

DeathToAllBBs - 2 hours ago  » 

Yeah, but usually it's for HIS/HER product, not for something that a billion-dollar multinational makes and sells in a billion-dollar big box store (I don't think Home Depot and Bayer are shilling here). So, I'm guessing s/he posting to provoke or is a "regular" who's posting a success story but doesn't want the controversy of the off-label approach.

...or "Jason1" is back for another round.

15. delorpompom

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 17 2009 23:46:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't understand how that product would work for bed bugs. I read the label and the directions on how to apply it for indoors and it makes no sense to me. My bed bugs don't live on my baseboards, they live on my futon and my mattress, I can't spray that on those things, so how would it take care of the problem?

Does anyone know if they're trying to find something to kill bed bugs? The last I heard there was still nothing on the market that killed them. How long does it usually take to develop a pesticide? Has there been any strides?

16. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2009 2:05:00
    #

Login to Send PM

delorpompom - 2 hours ago  » 
    I don't understand how that product would work for bed bugs. I read the label and the directions on how to apply it for indoors and it makes no sense to me. My bed bugs don't live on my baseboards, they live on my futon and my mattress, I can't spray that on those things, so how would it take care of the problem?
    Does anyone know if they're trying to find something to kill bed bugs? The last I heard there was still nothing on the market that killed them. How long does it usually take to develop a pesticide? Has there been any strides?

Many products work and kill BBs but what can go where safely, is what is complex.

Best bet is get a knowledgeable PCO to deal with them.

Jim

17. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 18 2009 2:14:14
    #

Login to Send PM

As in other areas in life, it's not just what you've got, but how you use it that counts.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  18. zenmasterx

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 23 2009 0:48:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow the bugs are back I cant believe how something can stop working so fast i seen this stuff kill
    i kept the dead bugs to prove.Thanks bayer nice try but these are SUPER BED BUGS!!!
    Save your money NOTHING will 100 percent kill them so lets try to slow them down.I bought
    a steam cleaner McCulloch MC-1275 Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner i will see how this works out.....
    Here is a article i found that made me sad

http://www.pctonline.com/Article.aspx?article_id=37916

19. bait

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 23 2009 1:41:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, the article sums it up all right. Getting rid of these things is more like the luck of the draw.

20. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 23 2009 7:04:46
    #

Login to Send PM

The article is Potter's classic on pyretroid resistance.

21. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 23 2009 9:37:50
    #

Login to Send PM

It was in PMP online, the results of a U of K study of resistant populations where various dusts achieved 100% mortality even in resistant populations.

http://www.mypmp-digital.com/pmpdigital/200905/?pg=32#pg24

Tempo killed in an experiment that is slightlyoff label though. Tempo dust is to be vacuumed up after 8 hours if applied to furniture folds or reapplied every 10 days if in cracks and crevices.

Jim

22. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 23 2009 10:08:42
    #

Login to Send PM

> Tempo dust is to be vacuumed up after 8 hours if applied to furniture folds or reapplied every 10 days if in cracks and crevices.

Using a conventional vac, wouldn't this be a disaster fir both the vac and your home?

23. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 23 2009 10:23:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Zenmasterx,

I'm sorry (Although sadly unsurprised) to hear that the bugs are back. Unfortunately, this is pretty common with bed bugs. It is one of the reasons that generally we suggest hiring a professional with experience to help deal with the bugs.

The physiology and behavior of bed bugs both make them a particularly difficult pest to treat. Even when amateurs like us try to use the exact same tools as the pros, we often get vastly inferior results because it's as more about how and where you apply what substances as it is what substances you use.

Please consider hiring a pest control professional to come in and treat your infestation. You've already used one chemical that didn't work. Now you're planning on trying steam. Successful eradication of bed bugs almost always requires several different techniques used in a coordinated effort. Each unsuccessful self-treatment runs the risk of more deeply entrenching the infestation and/or spreading it more widely around your residence. If you live in a multi-unit building, you're also risking spreading the infestation so that adjacent units also become infested.

24. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 23 2009 12:43:26
    #

Login to Send PM

cilecto - 2 hours ago  » 
    > Tempo dust is to be vacuumed up after 8 hours if applied to furniture folds or reapplied every 10 days if in cracks and crevices.
    Using a conventional vac, wouldn't this be a disaster fir both the vac and your home?

Jeff White had a segment on BBTV about vacuums and has made comments about HEPA vacs.

To sum up and by all means Jeff can correct me. Due to the way a HEPA filte is made having that as the filter in a bagless vas ends up with oodles of bugs and eggs in this complex structure of the filter. A very bad thing.

Dusts should only be vacuumed with a HEPA equipped vacuum.

So how do you balance that out? Using a vacuum that has the HEPA filter at the exhaust but there is a bag to contain the captured material. Avoids Jeff's point about bugs getting into the HEPA filter and filters the fine dust particles.

The Eureka Smartvac 4870 series does both of these. There may be others that have this set of features but I don't know who they are made by.

http://www.eureka.com/index.php?option=com_productdisplay&view=productdisplay&task=getproducts&productid=12&product_model=4870HZ

IMHO for BB afflicted homes the 4870 or something akin is what is needed.

Jim

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

199,990 posts in 31,004 topics over 94 months by 13,440 of 20,847 members. Latest: cmslookingforbugs, Mellisa, midnightfeast