Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Found a PCO that does heat treatment

(3 posts)
  1. destroyallbedbugs

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 23:53:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I found a seemingly reliable PCO that does heat treatment. They sounded very knowledgeable and walked me through all the prep steps (spending a half hour going through the possibilities like bed bugs being in the car or me unknowingly taking 1 to work)I would need to do and they offer a 6 month warranty. Their cost is $.75 per square foot which seems somewhat reasonable and is only $475 more (for the entire house)than Orkin quoted me for a chemical treatment of only the living room, and two bedrooms. They heat the house for at least 12 hours but I have to be out for 24 hours. Does this seem like the way to go? The PCO has good reviews online as well. Has anyone had success with heat treatment? Thanks so much!

2. HifromChi

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 4 2017 12:01:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I had success with heat treatment, but it shouldn't be the only method used, the best combo for me was the three prong approach: Heat, chemical spray, and Cimexa dust. I had 2 treatments and it solved the problem. If you have a confirmed case of bed bugs, do the entire home, not just the room they were found in.

And I haven't had good experiences with Orkin in the past when I've used them for general insect control, they weren't very knowledgeable, I wouldn't trust them with bed bug treatment. They have trouble identifying things like beetles from centipedes so they lost my confidence. I went with a PCO highly recommended via Yelp.

A 6 month guarantee is hard to come by so I think you've found a solid outfit there, mine only offered 90 days. I'd ditch Orkin and go with the other PCO you've found.

3. destroyallbedbugs

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 7 2017 3:26:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the response Hifromchi. I will definitely keep that in mind

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd