(7 posts)
  1. lostinny

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Sep 27 2011 14:14:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

I suffered from bed bugs over a year ago and it took about two treatments before they were gone. But, I live in an apartment building and only tenants who wished to be treated, were. I noticed, however, that when I found the bed bugs over a year ago, there were small, round, very hard eggs with legs (I think.) From what I understand though, those aren't related to bed bugs... maybe something else?

I was cleaning my apartment today and found one of those sticky bug catchers had a few bugs on them; one bed bug, a tiny red dot (unsure if it's a baby bedbug or not); and a hard egg on the edge. I may have swept the hard egg on the tray, but I'm not sure. I've also found the hard eggs near the walls around the apartment in other areas. I've cracked one before and it's just empty... Could these be spider eggs? I've found weird looking little spiders around the apartment recently...

Like most of you, I don't know if I can go through this again. This is really killing me. The first problem drove me wild and I had "phantom itching" for a while after. I don't think I've been a victim of the bedbug's biting lately, as I've been outdoors a lot and can't determine if it's from a mosquito, but any insight would be so very much appreciated!!

Another thought: I found the dead bed bug on a sticky track near the corner of a wall where I stored a suit case (after the first treatment 2 years ago). We spray the apartment every few weeks with a bedbug spray that has helped in the past. Maybe this was a bedbug that I picked up while sweeping under near the baseboard? I just pray that there's no new infestation, but we're contacting the management office to get someone out ASAP (though, they're never pleasant to work with.) Do dead bedbugs turn a certain color? Because this one was fairly light and quite thin. (Or, it could have been a young one..) Oh, no.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to try and contain this?

Thanks so much in advance! I apologize for the length of this.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 10:45:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you post a photo of the catch? It may not be a bed bug.

Could it have been there from when you had bed bugs the last time?

Round, hard eggs don't sound like bed bug eggs, which you can see in photos here:
    http://bedbugger.com/photos-of-bed-bugs-and-signs-of-bed-bugs/

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 14:31:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would suggest that you do as follows:

• Take a clear in focus picture before you do anything else
    • Put a pair of gloves on and roll the bug around under your finger when it is placed int he palm of your hand

It does not get reported much but old /long dead bedbugs tend to be both very thin and very brittle. If it easily crumbles into a dusty consistency of the legs / antennae and other body parts come apart then it is likley to be an old bedbug that has just worked free from the previous treatment.

This reminds me a lot of one of my after dinner speeches about a paniced young lady we had a call from on the out of hours number one Sunday night. She had been treated a year ago and recently started a new relationship, long story short she found a dead and very thin sample following one of his visits. After this quick diagnostic we were able to establish that she was still conducting our recommended once a month bed clean and inspection and finally that the relationship seemed to be developing well .

A dead sample post treatment is not always cause for alarm.

Hope this turns out to be a long dead one.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 15:48:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Dead BBs and cast skins are like Xmas tree's needles...

5. lostinny

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 21:28:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you ALL so much for replying. I've relaxed a bit since then. But, needless to say, I am losing my mind... afraid to go anywhere and feel that phantom itching. (keep looking on my clothes all day - despite knowing I'm clean!)

I found a welt like, itchy bump on my arm and something on my back. Not sure if they're related - but just to be sure... The exterminator's coming out tomorrow. Do bedbugs ever crawl down walls from the outside? Recently, I've opened my windows and what do you know, that's where I found the bedbug... on the floor near the baseboard under the window. I understand that neighbors several floors above me may have them.

I know, the building should treat every apartment - but they won't, unfortunately. So, please don't remind me. I know they should treat every apartment. Few people have had it and seems like now people are finally realizing what it is. I wouldn't be surprised if half of the tenants are treating it themselves and seeking professional help. I'm pretty sure it was a nymph. Can't take a photo now and I've pretty much broken the thing... It was extremely thin. But what are the odds that a dead nyph was in the baseboard and it just recently came out? Although, recently we really kicked and hit the wall to clean some other pieces for Fall cleaning. Better to be safe than sorry.

We're being treated tomorrow, so I hope this eradicates the issue. I fully expect that the exterminator will return in a week or two to follow-up. Please wish me luck! Thank you all so much again for replying. Really appreciate it.

6. bdbgspart2

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Mar 1 2013 5:17:07
    #

Login to Send PM

lostinny - 1 year ago  » 
    Hi All,
    I suffered from bed bugs over a year ago and it took about two treatments before they were gone. But, I live in an apartment building and only tenants who wished to be treated, were. I noticed, however, that when I found the bed bugs over a year ago, there were small, round, very hard eggs with legs (I think.) From what I understand though, those aren't related to bed bugs... maybe something else?
    I was cleaning my apartment today and found one of those sticky bug catchers had a few bugs on them; one bed bug, a tiny red dot (unsure if it's a baby bedbug or not); and a hard egg on the edge. I may have swept the hard egg on the tray, but I'm not sure. I've also found the hard eggs near the walls around the apartment in other areas. I've cracked one before and it's just empty... Could these be spider eggs? I've found weird looking little spiders around the apartment recently...
    Like most of you, I don't know if I can go through this again. This is really killing me. The first problem drove me wild and I had "phantom itching" for a while after. I don't think I've been a victim of the bedbug's biting lately, as I've been outdoors a lot and can't determine if it's from a mosquito, but any insight would be so very much appreciated!!
    Another thought: I found the dead bed bug on a sticky track near the corner of a wall where I stored a suit case (after the first treatment 2 years ago). We spray the apartment every few weeks with a bedbug spray that has helped in the past. Maybe this was a bedbug that I picked up while sweeping under near the baseboard? I just pray that there's no new infestation, but we're contacting the management office to get someone out ASAP (though, they're never pleasant to work with.) Do dead bedbugs turn a certain color? Because this one was fairly light and quite thin. (Or, it could have been a young one..) Oh, no.
    Is there anything I can do in the meantime to try and contain this?
    Thanks so much in advance! I apologize for the length of this.

7. bdbgspart2

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Mar 1 2013 5:19:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I would like to know if my apt is has bedbugs . How do send a picture I found it in my bathroom

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982