Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

FOUND 5 BED BUGS AND ABANDONED ROOM - IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!!

(6 posts)
  1. ophelia

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 4:44:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there.
    So about a week ago, I spotted a medium-ish sized bug crawling on my bed (daylight) that was bright red. I wasn't sure what it was, so I just squished it with my bare hands and saw blood, which obviously got on my sheets. I brushed it off for just another stupid bug. Then, on Sunday night (6 days ago) I saw a tiny tiny flat tan bug that was trying to crawl into my laptop. I got suspicious and looked it up. I saw bed bugs and FROZE. I immediately squished it, took my laptop, phone and ran downstairs to my sisters room and slept there. The next morning I removed all of my sheets and washed it on high heat and dryed it...but I didnt place them in a plastic bag when bringing it downstairs to the laudry room (YIKES!!!!!).

I was too scared to search my mattress and left it there. I informed my sister who shares the same room as me and we both moved into our sisters bedroom. We brought nothing at all and used the sheets and pillows that were in in my sisters room.

But I am still paranoid if the bugs moved to my sisters room (my sister brought a few clothes from our room to my sisters room (her night gown).

I have read that bed bugs can sense you and will actually come to you when hungry. Since my brother and uncle(visiting) are next door to my old room ( a few feet away) and I have relocated all the way downstairs....will they move to my brothers room instead? Or will they come to me and my sisters all the way downstairs (or even my parents)? My sister and I have been here for 6 days (yikes, ik : (( ) but my sister will be heading back upstairs to our room sunday night.

Thank you : )))

- written at 4:36 a.m.

2. ophelia

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 4:53:06
    #

Login to Send PM

3rd bed bug: seen crawling on bare mattress...pretty sure it was an adult

4th bed bug: pretty sure fell on my hair when lifting up sisters mattress so that she can apply spray (YIKESSSSSS!!!!!)

5th: sister found a small nymph crawling on floor from brothers room (she claims).

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 11:09:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Post some pictures, I don't think your problem is bed bugs.

What whispers the whisker?
  4. ophelia

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 11:39:18
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Post some pictures, I don't think your problem is bed bugs.

How come? And sorry, I havent taken any pictures, ill try to get one. What bugs would you consider other than bed bugs?

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 11:44:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you post an image we can ID and confirm, which is always the best first step.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  6. ophelia

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 16:11:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I already confirmed that they were bed bugs. I forgot to change the topic.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,674 posts in 42,198 topics over 127 months by 18,524 of 19,017 members. Latest: Tglock, Rae13, Buggybuggy335