Flushing Out Bed Bugs and Other Inspection Tricks and Tips

(4 posts)
  1. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Apr 19 2017 11:57:07
    #

Login to Send PM

A recently posted article on bed bugs in hotels suggested using a hair dryer on a hotel mattress, not necessarily to kill any bed bugs but to flush them out as an inspection tool. I've also seen some aerosol products such as CB-80 and PT 565 also being promoted as a flushing agent for inspection purposes, and again, not as a treatment.

Wondering if the pros here might comment on the above or offer any other tips/tricks on inspecting a hotel bed (or your own bedroom) for bed bugs, in addition the usual inspection protocols of looking at the mattress seams, bed slats, headboard, or installing monitors, etc.

Richard

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Apr 19 2017 12:11:47
    #

Login to Send PM

A PCO friend of mine wants me to build a CO2 gun for that exact purpose.
    It's an interesting tool, but I lack faith in its ability to consistently move the bed bugs into view. Nothing beats a good old fashioned in-depth, time-consuming inspection.

What whispers the whisker?
  3. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Apr 19 2017 12:29:17
    #

Login to Send PM

BD: Nothing beats a good old fashioned in-depth, time-consuming inspection.
    -----------
    I don't doubt that and have so posted as such recently in this thread here:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/revisiting-bedbugdots

What I was looking for were any additional tricks or tips such as I mentioned in my first post of the thread.

As just one example, many of the hotel room inspection videos suggest removing and looking behind the headboards which are often attached to the wall. Not necessarily an easy job for the average person, however a blast of hot air and/or a chemical flushing agent might be the next best thing to see what is lurking there?

I'm sure there are other examples such as bed bugs hiding in walls especially when there are adjoining units.

Anyway, I have heard some pros using flushing agents so just wanted to get some feedback here if anyone uses them and how.

Richard

4. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Apr 19 2017 12:33:56
    #

Login to Send PM

MP: How ironic, just got off the phone with orkins local regional manager. I wanted to make sure that what they did to me doesn't happen anywhere else by using the aerosol alpine which just made the situation worse and spread the bugs.
    ---------------
    I thought I was clear about using the posted aerosols as inspection tools, not treatment tools. Also, PCO's use aerosol based products all the time (think Tri Die for one) to treat bed bugs. It just has to be the right product and used correctly. "Foggers" and "Bombs" are an altogether different story, but I don't want to get this thread any more off topic. Again, we are talking about for inspection purposes only.

Richard

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,644 posts in 42,613 topics over 128 months by 18,700 of 19,229 members. Latest: Greg_ooo, hpgirl2008, allergyprone