Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

finding small oval shaped seeds in bed

(4 posts)
  1. BettyV4

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Feb 7 2010 13:38:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm looking into the ceder website and have requested speaking to a professional on Monday. At this point I believe I'm either having allergic reactions to something or they are bites happening on my couch. I think there are three encasements on the fution mattress; however the frame is heavy wood and really old. I can't even afford to purchase a cheap all metal frame at this point. So since I'm not using any chemicals I'm interested in doing research on the cedaroil. Also I found a couple of tiny carpet beetle seed shells in my bed. I'm showing them to my friend who originally saw one I found in the summer and she saw the larve in the seed like shell. She is an animal rescuer and studied entomology. I originally thought they were seeds from a grain bread - however - how did they wind up upstairs on my sheet???? I also have thick wall to wall carpeting that I can't afford to pick up and put floors down in the living room. Anyway that's my story today, Feb. 7th.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2010 1:58:17
    #

Login to Send PM

BettyV4 - 12 hours ago  » 
    I'm looking into the ceder website and have requested speaking to a professional on Monday. ... So since I'm not using any chemicals I'm interested in doing research on the cedaroil.

I would caution you against considering any reading you do at a product website as "research" unless the manufacturer provides independent testing data, which I do not believe is currently true of the product you are talking about (if you're referring to CedarCide).

The CedarCide site does appear to make claims which clearly go beyond what researchers have apparently determined the product can do (this thread shows both results of independent research AND examples of claims which seem a bit over the top).

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. somebugsinToronto

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2010 13:01:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey there
    Do you have a pet?
    I discovered the same thing in the fall. I found out they were tapeworm segments - my cat got tapeworm from swallowing a flea.
    The segments are dead bits of the worm that are shed and excreted out (pushed out) from the cat's back end.
    They look like small sesame seeds.
    They are harmless, but there is a topical medication you can get from your vet (assuming you have a pet that is....) and it gets rid of them in one treatment.
    The one I got is made by Bayer.

Hope this may help.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2010 13:42:29
    #

Login to Send PM

A picture would help.

The last two cases that sounded like this turned out to be:

• Termite droppings - orange in colour
    • Seeds from a face/sleeping mask

Post a link and we can help you out.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,353 posts in 28,323 topics over 87 months by 12,196 of 19,350 members. Latest: MANthrax, buggingcane, pecunianon
Site Meter