Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Finally have a date! Heat treatment scheduled this Saturday. Hope it works!

(19 posts)
  1. Paranoid12

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue May 14 2013 18:53:24
    #

Login to Send PM

ABC Pest and Pool in Houston is the PCO. Goodness, I just hope this works to kill them once and for all. I can handle these disfiguring and embarrassing bites and scars. After it's done, then I need to stop my Dad from reinfecting us.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 15 2013 0:27:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck, Paranoid12!

Did you get a visual confirmation that you have bed bugs? Who confirmed the sample?

Does ABC Pest and Pool offer a guarantee on their heat treatment?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Paranoid12

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun May 19 2013 21:41:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, they confirmed the last time back in Sept when I was getting a quote then but was too poor to afford it. They re-verified. I keep a little sample of 3 bugs in the freezer...and I still have them >.>

There is a 21 day guarantee. At the 21 days, a dog comes out to verify whether or not the bugs are gone. If they aren't, another heat treatment is done, free of charge. I just hope to God that they are because, 1) I don't want to get bit again, and 2) I don't feel like going through all that prep again.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon May 20 2013 13:08:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Heat treatment, done properly, is supposed to work in one shot. There are cases where it doesn't work as has to be repeated.

Rather than just relying on the company's own dog, you might also implement some monitors after treatment, and check them regularly.

Note that some heat treatment providers say it's "normal" to see some live bed bugs after treatment but they die within a day or two. I don't know if that's true but we have heard it a few times. Ask about this so you know what to expect. Monitors will help you see if bed bugs are appearing later too.

5. Paranoid12

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 22 2013 22:37:28
    #

Login to Send PM

That's a good idea about the monitors. Unfortunately, my mom has already spotted 3 last night in her room. She said was full of blood when she squished it. She later called ABC and they said some activity was normal and that they would fully be able to determine if we need another treatment when the dog comes out because the stragglers could be dead by then. Um, I hope so. I mean, the treatment would be free of charge but who would want to go through all of this again? The treatment was Sat, so I would think they would be dead by now.

6. Paranoid12

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 24 2013 18:01:06
    #

Login to Send PM

OK, I caught an adult that looks like it had fed last night in my bed. Just a few minutes ago, I also killed a youngling on the couch that also looks like it had fed.

How long is it supposed to take for these things to die when they also had a chemical treatment? I really think the treatment failed and that I'm going to need another. It probably didn't help that me and my mom had used those OTC sprays, which probably made the problem worse. Did I mention that the infestation has been here almost a year? Yeah, last June/July.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 24 2013 22:55:33
    #

Login to Send PM

If treatment was on Sat. 18th and you found bed bugs on Thu. 23rd, then that does not sound good.

OTC sprays are not recommended, but my understanding is heat treatment of the entire structure is supposed to work even in severe cases where you've spread bed bugs around (this is what they did, right)?

Did the heat provider also do a chemical treatment after that or the chemical treatment was what you did before?

Also, what did you mean in the first post above about stopping your dad from reinfecting you? If someone in the family is being continually exposed to bed bugs, then no amount of treatment is going to solve the problem until that's dealt with.

If you describe the situation, maybe we can help.

8. Paranoid12

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat May 25 2013 14:42:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, they were supposed to heat the whole house, minus the garage, and spray Temprid and Alpine along the indoor baseboards of the house. This was all during one treatment. The OTC sprays that we used before all this was to get some kind of relief from the BB, although that didn't last too long.

My Dad was the original culprit of the BB. He brought them over when he came to visit us one day and they must have dropped off his clothes while he was sitting on the couch. He doesn't live with us and he hasn't visited since a week before the treatment. I saw him the other day at the hospital, but that's a whole 'nother story. I just have to keep him from bringing BB once the problem is solved.

9. Paranoid12

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jun 6 2013 0:30:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Had the K9 inspection today and got no alerts from the dog. The agent said that if we do see one in the next few days to call him so he can come back because it is hard to pick up their scent after a few days, especially if there is only one BB. They said that the ones we have seen should be no more than the walking dead and that they shouldn't be biting. Well, we had a few out of the ones that we saw that looked like that did bite at sometime or another. I don't think I ever saw any with bright red blood, but more like black/brown goop coming out of them when I squish them, so maybe they were old biters with digested blood? I kind of want one to pop out in the next few days so I will know for sure. Still feel uneasy.

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jun 6 2013 2:46:34
    #

Login to Send PM

If a bed bug were present, I'm not sure why the dog would have trouble picking up the scent after a few days unless the bed bug was gone by then.

Anyway, good luck!

11. Paranoid12

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jun 10 2013 22:19:56
    #

Login to Send PM

The dog must have been a little distracted by the smell of my cat. On that day, he was alerting to hits, but my mom thought it was because of the cat. Several days later, she finds 4 BB in her bed. At the end of the day. we had a total of 7, from both her bed and the couch. I have yet to see any in my bed. The inspector came back, this time without the dog, and confirmed the existence of the BB...obviously. He didn't know it had been an infestation that has been going on for nearly a year.

Here we go again. The new date in June 29.

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jun 11 2013 0:10:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck, Paranoid12!

13. Paranoid12

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jun 30 2013 20:06:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Second heat treatment was completed yesterday. Some household items were damaged as a result. Others were misplaced, by the techs I guess. We shall wait to see if there are any lingerers. I REALLY hope not.

14. Paranoid12

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jul 5 2013 18:02:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I still saw 2 just today! WTH?!?!?!?

15. bugbrawling

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu May 22 2014 2:53:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Paranoid12,

Interested to hear how your experience is going as I am considering heat treatment where I live prior to moving out. I'm sorry to hear how things are, man these bugs are tenacious!

I'm just a recent newbite myself, so I can't offer much advice. Have they been giving you free treatments since it doesn't seem to be working? How many treatments have you had so far?

Good luck Paranoid12!

16. bedbugs911

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 8 2014 5:39:06
    #

Login to Send PM

What kind of things got damaged?

17. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 8 2014 6:23:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Waking dead and waiting to die they say.

Hmm, odd really because if the job is done correctly the bedbugs are dead because the temperature reaches the critical death temperature and as such they die.

Sorry I have seen this comment increase over the last few years and it's a worrying trend.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  18. bedbugtakeover

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 8 2014 10:29:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert but everyone I have talked to about heat says it is a one shot deal. IT is is supposed to be the most effective thing to kill the bugs and eggs in one shot. Are you in a single standing home? So what happens now? Is there still a guarantee?

19. MeanDonnaJean

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 8 2014 17:32:01
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 10 hours ago  » 
    Hmm, odd really because if the job is done correctly the bedbugs are dead because the temperature reaches the critical death temperature and as such they die.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I can't speak about a whole house experience but I sure can verify the above statement on a smaller scale from my own personal ZappBug experience. Once those temps reach, what is it, 113 F I believe(?) and is kept there or above for a specific amount of time those lil' suckers start to die. I let my ZB reach 140+ F and I keep it there for at least an hour. It works!

"The same people you misuse on your way up
    you might meet up on your way down" ~Little Feat ~

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,513 posts in 44,038 topics over 133 months by 19,284 of 19,912 members. Latest: Aegis_, paulsinn, emeralddragonfly