Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Feces question for the experts. Please help!

(6 posts)
  1. krb

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Nov 29 2013 17:20:09
    #

Login to Send PM

So let me preface this by saying I know I should have taken a picture and I'm pissed at myself that I didn't, but I was in panic mode and not thinking clearly. I will take pics if I find more.

So about 2 months ago we had bed bugs, we had heat treatment and moved into a different apartment. We threw out all our furniture and beds and bought new stuff. I have a metal bed frame with a passive on it that is clear, but last night I looked under my night table and found a small black spot. When I touched it, a lot of it came off on my finger and the rest smeared black. It was very thick and kind of like paste. The underside of my table is cheap unfinished wood composite. I scraped off the layer that had the stain on it and the smeared parts came off with hydrogen peroxide. I've found no other signs of bugs and haven't had any bites like the ones I was getting before ,but this is a new table that we bought after the move.

Does this sound like bed bug fecal? I know it's hard to tell without photos, but I need to know if I should start taking things apart and looking for more signs.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 30 2013 2:19:47
    #

Login to Send PM

No. This does not sound like bed bug fecal traces at all.

I wouldn't give it a second thought.

3. krb

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 30 2013 3:29:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok. Thank you so much! I'll try to stop freaking out. Just for future reference would feces ever smear so heavily just by being touched? 

4. krb

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 30 2013 18:54:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, whatever was on the table was pretty fresh, I think. I looked at it earlier that day and didn't notice anything. I don't know if that makes a difference.

5. krb

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Dec 1 2013 20:32:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping in hopes of a response.

6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Dec 1 2013 21:28:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't comment further about it because I didn't see the sample myself. What you describe sounds nothing like feces. Everyone can see things differently and I don't know how you view/see fecal traces yourself.

For future - take pictures.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,669 posts in 43,300 topics over 130 months by 18,985 of 19,564 members. Latest: BBRuth, nonono, Cleothecat