Feces ID !!! [a: likely fly feces]

(4 posts)
  1. Helpme1

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 7:37:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Writing all the way from Sweden where the bedbugs have started to invade the whole country 😂 Can someone please help me, I'm going nuts here! My insurance doesn't cover a decontamination so I have to pay for it myself, but the thing is I don't even KNOW for sure if there's any bed bugs here.
    The only thing I've found is some sort of feces on the walls, but the amount is very little comparative to other pictures I've seen. it almost looks like fly feces, except this smears out easily and appears a bit elevated.
    I haven't found anything regarding feces or bugs on the bed or walls in my bedroom, the feces I've found is on the wall in the next room, I imagine they came from my friends bag who placed it there when she visited for a couple of days, and the bugs might have climbed on the wall and took a dump on their way to the bedroom? But it's just a theory

So please can someone take a look at the pictures and give me your thoughts, before I'm going totally broke from the decontamination-company!

LÄNKTEXT

LÄNKTEXT

LÄNKTEXT

LÄNKTEXT

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 7:56:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its not bed bugs. Its most likely fly.

While the colour and size alone are close the pattern of their deposition is not characteristic (and possibly not feasible) with bed bugs.

A comparison image is included below:

bed bugs limited gallery 3 - non bed bug artifacts by David Cain, on Flickr

Also an interesting factoid about Sweden, the "protected by anticimex" plaques on some of the older buildings were to denote the homes who had bed bug treatment insurance. I am not so sure that window stickers or a sign on the lawn would quite work in modern times.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Helpme1

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 12:17:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for your respond and the fun facts about anticimex I didn't know that!
    Although as I watch the pictures again I can see a difference between them, in the first two pictures the feces have a trail just like fly feces, but in the third one the feces are completely even in their shape, and no trails at all. Could this be from two different? Can you see any similarities or differences?
    Could the third one be spiders? I sure have a lot of those anyways!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 12:29:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its most likely different food rather than different species or different environmental conditions when deposited.

I would wipe them off and only be concerned if they appear back in a short space of time and in significant numbers.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,266 posts in 42,973 topics over 129 months by 18,855 of 19,413 members. Latest: sleeptitesoon, CatherineM, freakingout123