(17 posts)
  1. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:05:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey all,

Please can you help me work out if this is Bed Bug fecal matter on my bedsheet or not?

It is down the bottom near feet. Pretty sure this was not there last night.
    No other streaks or marks detected thus far.

But, freaking out here

Thank you!

2. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:09:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmm don't think the links worked, let me try again -

Pic 1Pic 2

3. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:10:00
    #

Login to Send PM

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:14:03
    #

Login to Send PM

not bed bug related.

5. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:18:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you 100% sure?

Sorry I know there are many photos on here and such. But, I suffer quite badly from anxiety and I am panicking a whole lot now.

Could you explain the reasons why it's not bed bug related?

It is a blackish streak, maybe with hints of brown in it, hard to tell.

6. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:22:43
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 8 minutes ago  » 
    not bed bug related.

Sorry forgot to "quote" please see above, thanks

7. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:31:18
    #

Login to Send PM

What do you do for a living?

8. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:33:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I work in an office.

But I change out of work clothes when I get in anyway...

9. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:34:27
    #

Login to Send PM

If you could explain why this is not beg bug related I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks So much

10. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:38:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm a bed bug exterminator so I can ID feces. Your image is not bed bug related 100% .. Can't explain why .. its just not.

11. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 19:51:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay thank you.

But, why can't you explain why? I need rationalisation and reasoning/facts to be able to relax and accept something like this sorry. Part of being anxious.

And why did you ask about where I work?

By the way I truly appreciate your help and advice here!

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 0:36:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Sb2017,
    KillerQueen is a NY based pest pro who kills bed bugs daily. He is an expert at IDing fecal. You're in good hands. I think his point was he knows his job.
    It's not easy to tell people why something is or isn't fecal but he can recognize it when he sees it.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  13. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 4:19:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey all.

I understand and totally appreciate what you are saying I know to listen to an expert.

But, when you suffer anxiety sometimes you need a reason/explanation to stop worrying about something. I am not trying to be ungrateful

For instance, would new fecal matter on a bed, even if smudged, be more blood like? Or would it appear black/dark brown like that?

Would it be more soaked into the sheet if it was new fecal matter smudged?

Thanks so much, really I do appreciate it.

14. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 4:51:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The marks are 100% not faecal. The colour pigmentation and density is wrong. If you compare to the two embedded images below you will see the two appearances that bed bug faecal can have, neither of them when compared at a details level match these examples:

502bd839d1a by David Cain, on Flickr

Slide40 by David Cain, on Flickr

I am sorry that you suffer from anxiety, mine is triggered by people PM'ing me rather than reading on my profile where I prefer to communicate in the open forum only.

Hopefully others who read the forum will be able to start responding with example images even when they might not feel confident giving a confirming response. Its often helpful for someone to say "here are so example images from a reputable source, to me yours don't look like them".

This stems partly from the fact that bed bugs are themselves significant triggers of anxiety in most people and as such even a professional colourist or digital artist would have issues gaining control with their logical analytical brain to see the difference.

Hope that is clear.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  15. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 5:04:23
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    The marks are 100% not faecal. The colour pigmentation and density is wrong. If you compare to the two embedded images below you will see the two appearances that bed bug faecal can have, neither of them when compared at a details level match these examples:
    I am sorry that you suffer from anxiety, mine is triggered by people PM'ing me rather than reading on my profile where I prefer to communicate in the open forum only.
    Hopefully others who read the forum will be able to start responding with example images even when they might not feel confident giving a confirming response. Its often helpful for someone to say "here are so example images from a reputable source, to me yours don't look like them".
    This stems partly from the fact that bed bugs are themselves significant triggers of anxiety in most people and as such even a professional colourist or digital artist would have issues gaining control with their logical analytical brain to see the difference.
    Hope that is clear.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Hi David.

Perfectly clear. Thank you! I truly appreciate the response. And understand about what you say about PM and Open Forum.

Again, thank you.

Have a good day and best wishes.

16. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 20:11:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Sb2017 - 15 hours ago  » 
    Hey all.
    I understand and totally appreciate what you are saying I know to listen to an expert.
    But, when you suffer anxiety sometimes you need a reason/explanation to stop worrying about something. I am not trying to be ungrateful

Hi Sb2017,

I am glad David was able to give more detail.

In case it wasn't clear, I don't ID fecal so couldn't have answered your questions anyway. I was just trying to fill in the blanks above.

17. Sb2017

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 17:23:55
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi,
    Hope that is clear.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

HI David,

I just made a new post, titled "Shed Skin I-D, Black Spots, Other bug I-D? "

Would you be able to take a look? I'm especially worried about the spots on the wooden floor etc, may be interested in obtaining your services to check this if that is something you do?

Thank you.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

257,526 posts in 41,334 topics over 126 months by 18,111 of 18,532 members. Latest: Pleasedontbebbs, pleezehelp, tarito