Login to Send PM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152401118@N03/shares/6TbBUi

I'm losing my mind over this one. No bites, but doesn't look good

2. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 23:37:03
    #

Login to Send PM

The stains look too big to be BB fecal. Is the first photo the bug to ID?

Don't lose your mind over it. Easy to say, I know... The experts will be able to give you more definitive answers.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  3. bwolf

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 0:03:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the words of comfort! The first photo is the remnants of that bug to ID. there was more but it was all smooshed under a bedside table. The only thing I can tell myself to comfort myself right now is I would imagine that for such a large amount of fecal matter, I would have bites? I'm in the midst of moving so just even more paranoid than normal as half of my stuff is already in my new apartment.

4. bwolf

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 10:55:44
    #

Login to Send PM

just a little more info on my situation. As I mentioned, I'm in the process of moving and got rid of my bed frame, which had drawers, and box spring a few weeks ago. As im super paranoid, I inspected every inch of that bed and didn't see a single questionable spot.

These marks I found don't smear when I hope them. My roommate told me to try hydrogen peroxide which I've since heard was debunked, but nothing happened then either. I'm just freaking out that I've already moved half my stuff but there hasn't been a spot anywhere on my actual mattress.

5. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 13:15:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Why do you think you have bed bugs? What other signs have you found (confirmed fecal, casings, live bugs)?

I glanced back over your posts and didnt see a backstory, just some ID requests.

6. bwolf

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 16:06:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi!

I guess right now I think I might have them pretty much strictly because of the stains on my sheets. I absolutely never eat anything in bed and haven't had a pen anywhere near the mattress lately either, so I can't figure it out.

I stated that I haven't had any bites, but I've only recently begun to accept that what I've had aren't perhaps bites. I called a bug sniffing dog after getting teeny tiny pin prick itchy spots for a few months back in November and nothing was found and then I stopped getting the spots for 8 months. In June, they started up again and they often happen in clusters or in a line, but the catch is as soon as I see one and start freaking out, more pop up and then if I leave them alone, they disappear in hours, so it seems like hives or perhaps an allergic reaction, but when I'm alone with my crazy, I'm always worried it's bed bugs. 3 different people have lived in my apartment over the year and none have had any bites or anything similar. There is a significant leak in the water pipes in the walls of my building that I'm moving out of and there's a book lice infestation, so maybe I'm reacting to the mold?

Basically, I do have a chronic itchy skin condition and just when I had put the bed bug fears behind me, I found those stains on my sheets and a bit of a bug and I just want to be sure to not bring a situation with me to my new apartment.

Sorry for the novel!

7. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 18:18:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Sometime's it's good to put the novel out there. Can feel cathartic. When I left my apartment, I had no evidence except strange bite-like bumps. I thought it was staph, but my doctor said bed bug bites (despite my later finding that all bites are different and a doctor can't diagnose them) and I totally lost it. Long story, but I moved and still have anxiety so bad that I'm in three kinds of therapy. I have had extreme fixation-based anxiety since I was a kid, so it's always something. It's been the ocean, bees, fire, floods, car accidents, planes, boats, and now it's bugs (and all bites). Finally, therapy is helping.

From the evidence, it doesnt sound like you have BBs, but I relate to the struggle very much. You could be reacting to mold, especially if you're prone to allergic reactions. I still think the stains look too big to be BB fecal. Fecal is usually clustered outside the harborage, so unlikely to see a lot on sheets that way, I assume.

Since you're already moving, once you are settled in the new place, consider monitoring using passive devices like climbups and / or the Packtite Passive. It could help quell your anxiety. Some experts on here have mentioned seeking a mental health professional for stress and anxiety too, and I can say it's helped me so much. Even suspecting BBs can be so draining.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234