Fecal stain on pillow? Expert ID needed! [a: not bed bug fecal]

(7 posts)
  1. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 3 2017 1:03:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been finding makeup-like black spots in random places around my apartment lately (see previous post for more detail). I've been inspecting HEAVILY but for the last few days found nothing new, so felt like I could finally relax. Then, as my wife and I were going to bed tonight, we found the following black-ish stains on one corner of her white pillow (not pillowcase):

1. https://ibb.co/dhSDAa

2. https://ibb.co/m5m6Va

I also found a VERY light stain on my own pillow, that looks as if it is from whatever the above are from. Kind of hard to see in this picture, but it is in the bottom middle, right above the ridge of the pillow: https://ibb.co/dTzh3v

Lastly, there is a similar black smudge on the blue sheet by my wife's side of the bed. Does not look like the above in terms of shape, only in substance. I'll upload a picture of this tomorrow if necessary, but my wife is currently sleeping while I am up sleepless.

Do these look like bed bug feces? Should we be concerned? They look a little less "jet black" than I see in most example photos, seem to bleed out more blue or purple than red or brown, and do not fizz when applied with hydrogen peroxide. We had bed bugs once two years ago in a separate apartment, and have lived in fear ever since of having to relive that time.

THANK YOU for any help

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 3 2017 1:20:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing here bed bug related.

3. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 3 2017 1:23:55
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen, thank you so much for your response! Would you mind explaining (it can be very brief!) your reasoning for why you say this is not bed bug related? It will be helpful when I put my wife's mind at ease, as we are also expecting company soon.

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 3 2017 1:25:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Because i do this for a living each and every day and its a no brainer for a guy who works with bed bugs 100 plus hours a week. That is my short answer =;-)

5. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 3 2017 1:30:54
    #

Login to Send PM

That is SUCH a relief. I really appreciate your insight, and thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

Based on what you encounter on the job, am I correct in thinking that bb stains are usually much darker than these are? I just want to understand a bit more of what not to sweat if I find strange stains in the future.

6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 3 2017 1:34:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Usually darker but also the bleed in (how it seeps into the fabric) factor is something else that comes with experience. I wouldn't try and judge fecal stains because you may not know what you're looking at all the time. Stains from bed bugs can also be lighter in color. Always take advance of the site for ID's.

7. scarred4lyfe

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Apr 3 2017 1:44:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, KillerQueen, will do. I can't tell you how grateful I am for your response to this, and at such an off hour as well. When I go to bed now I will rest easy!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,669 posts in 43,300 topics over 130 months by 18,985 of 19,564 members. Latest: BBRuth, nonono, Cleothecat