(6 posts)
  1. WorriedOhio

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Apr 12 2017 9:47:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello All,

I had a minor infestation last August. As I'm sure many of you know, the scars of paranoia stay with you long past the initial infestation and treatment, even when you have moved to a different city.

I noticed a spot on my pillowcase this morning that worried the paranoid part of my mind. I deep down do not really think that it is a fecal spot but wanted to post this to confirm anyway. It seems that the spot is dark but that there is some colorization that would indicate it oxidized on the pillowcase and which would rule out being fecal. Here is the link to the photo of the spot:

http://imgur.com/a/PAYpX

I have also done a fairly thorough (though by no means comprehensive) inspection of my sheets and mattress and have found no traces, live or dead, of any actual bugs. This isn't the first time I have noticed spots like this, and I do currently have a nasal infection which has caused me to have blood in my snot.

Thanks again for everything you do here!

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Apr 12 2017 10:40:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't think that's bedbug related.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. WorriedOhio

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 7:05:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey all - thanks so much for the advice Jim, it's much appreciated. I just get so worried everytime I see anything close to what could be a fecal spot.

To follow up - I noticed another spot on my sheets this morning, though I'm not sure if it is new or if it has been there for awhile. Again, I think that the color rules out its being fecal but I want to confirm:

http://imgur.com/a/rWdXN

Expert advice is welcome. Thanks!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 7:23:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The stain appears to sit on the ridges so would not be bed bug related.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. WorriedOhio

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 7:25:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, David. I was hoping to hear your thoughts. Does that assessment go for the first set of photos as well? In your opinion do I have any reason to worry? Thanks.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 9:19:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The detail is not present in the first image.

If they look the same to you then there is nothing to worry about.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,582 posts in 43,275 topics over 130 months by 18,981 of 19,559 members. Latest: Ehe22, Koonspg4s, slynnp1