Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Fecal ID - Close to panic

(5 posts)
  1. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Nov 10 2017 20:09:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Can anyone help id fecal stains? I am in a panic. I just found this on my son's sheet. I think it's the wrong color, but wanted to check.

https://imgur.com/a/pg7fN

My son got what appears to be 7 bug bites on Tuesday and Wednesday. We noticed five on Tuesday at dinner time. He was itching and found them near the waistline of his pants and back of his knee. The next morning I noticed two more on his chest - but they could have been there the night before and he just didn't show me. We had been outside that day, but it was cold - between 40 and 50 degrees, and he was completely covered in clothes, so I don't think these are mosquitos. They could be some kind of viral rash, I suppose. He's been known to break out in rashes in the past. But I decided to check his bed more closely this week.

Tonight I found those spots and I'm in a panic. We just got the all clear from our PCO last week, and I am literally sick of the thought that they might be back. We have been battling since December. Haven't seen a bug in five months. I'd say if we found them again that I'd curl up in bed and never come out, but I can't even do that. I just can't go through this again. His room has always been 100% clear of them.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just beside myself thinking they could be back. And that they'd ruin another holiday season for us. I just can't go through this again.

Thank you.

2. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Nov 11 2017 11:48:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I have no idea.
    You need to wait for an expert.
    Could you get the PCO back to do an inspection?
    I would suggest a passive monitor or interceptors.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
  3. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 18:13:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I called the PCO and haven't heard back. I think he thinks i'm nuts. I will try again in the morning, just for the peace of mind.

I think these are two brown, but I just don't know. It is worrying me.

4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 18:13:45
    #

Login to Send PM

And that was supposed to be "too" brown - not "two". Worry-induced typos.

5. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 18:59:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Could you make a closeup of the stain?
    I kind of think only 1 dot is not worth worrying about but I understand how you feel.
    Ever piece of fluff worries me until I zoom in with my camera or post it here.
    I've posted a lot of images here but there were many more things I looked at.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7