Login to Send PM

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 8:13:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would say no but a more in focus picture taken at 90 degrees to the suspect marks would help.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Open minds find faster solutions"

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  3. lsdrg706

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 8:19:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Sure thing, I will do my best to take another shot. My hand might shake a bit too much to be that close but let me try again and I'll repost another.

4. lsdrg706

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 8:27:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok best I can do with my 8 year old powershot. Linking the album rather than 7 separate links, hope that is ok!

http://s1077.photobucket.com/albums/w480/ihatebugs1/

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 8:40:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I am 99.99% certain this is not faecal. To get that extra 0.001% I would want to see a bed bug blue faecal trace confirmation result.

David

6. lsdrg706

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 8:49:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David!

Now let me tell you why I asked. I'll be as brief as possible.

Last chemical treatment on Dec. 7th 2011. No signs of bugs or bites until late January, though the biting could have been me, and I have sensitive skin anyway so I wasn't convinced they were back.

As per the picture I had posted a couple weeks ago, one unfed male BB "sunned" himself under the glow of my tiffany lamp on the armrest to the couch at 7pm on Feb. 8, 2012. I stopped sleeping on the couch and moved to our bedroom, but my fiance stayed in the living room on the love seat.

I assumed if there was anything left in my couch they would have hit on my man first. Room setup here is linear.

2 weeks later no more live bugs or bites found, though my man doesn't react. 2/26 We flipped the couch and love seat, crawled as far inside as we could and found NOTHING except for the pictures I just linked. No shells, eggs, or bugs.

I expected to find something more from 2/8 to 2/26; but nothing. We also checked the beds to be safe, though my son wasn't showing any bite reactions so I didn't expect to find anything there. Both mattress and box springs have been encased since October. We found nothing.

Is it possible the lone male I found might have been hidden away in my couch until all traces of chemical were gone?

In all honesty I don't feel quite comfortable dumping 2 grand on a heat treatment, nor even 1 grand on a chemical if after over 2 weeks of available hosts I can't find any freaking evidence. Maybe 2/8 was my lucky day and I found the stupid bug at the odd hour because he was the only one left? Do you recommend maybe just vigiliance at this point?

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 9:42:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Is it possible the lone male I found might have been hidden away in my couch until all traces of chemical were gone?

I think its more likley given the lack of faecal and cast skins that the lone bedbug was recently introduced and may be a sign that someone in the property is coming into sporadic contact with them at low levels.

I am biased of course but this is where post treatment Passive monitoring comes into its own, you can easily detect and also the detection can aid removal if they are living in the harbourage.

Hope that explains.

David

IN accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly declare my vested interest in Passive monitoring as the patent holder.

8. lsdrg706

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 9:48:03
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi,

I think its more likley given the lack of faecal and cast skins that the lone bedbug was recently introduced and may be a sign that someone in the property is coming into sporadic contact with them at low levels.

I'll admit that is a possibility, due to the district my son goes to school in. Given the rest of our family's habits I just don't see either of us could have brought it in. I've stepped up the inspection of his things every day he comes home from school. I fear there very well could be children on his bus, or at the least in his class with larger scale infestations, due to the level of infestation in my city in general, and the level of poverty in my city, which can make it so difficult for such families to get the help they need with a problem like this. Heck, we had to take out a loan to get treatment.

I will keep on the lookout.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Feb 27 2012 13:46:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its often the last thing you suspect and the last thing you change.

If you are worried, rather than inspect I recommend isolate and PackTite by getting them to step into a smooth sided box and leave all the items in the box till they can be processed.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

201,678 posts in 31,249 topics over 95 months by 13,519 of 17,231 members. Latest: wunderful2, Nastybug1, Fozsbear