Exterminator Respect for tenants, esp. with disabilities(2 posts)
I have spoken with four or five heat treatment specialists, and none seem to recognize the problem people with disabilities have preparing for bedbug exterminations. All are dismissive of me as a tenant, as is my landlord, who is clearly now in violation of the AODA (Acessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act).
1. Good Shepherd were offended when I asked after a month and a half when they would get back to me. Very patriarchal, dismissive, and deviously invalidating. Seemed to be interested in BIG clients only.
2. Aanteater brought out giant propane heater s they couldn't even get into the apartment. They had to spread household goods around to heat them, and damaged and destroyed about $1,000 worth. When they were done, bedbug remained in the areas far from their heaters, ie under the bathtub accessi ble through faulty caulking, in the wall accessible between subfloor and wall below the carpet. Deny damage, although verified by subsequent cleaner, offer no recognition let alone compensation. You wouldn't want them in your home like t his.
3. Green Heat have told me in answer to my indication I'd need some help with prep for my disability, that "IF I WANTED THIS PROBLEM DEALT WITH, I'D BETTER DO THE PREP". When I pointed out that they hadn't heard me state my inability and that the landlord was responsible for accommodation to accomplish the prep, they told me they couldn't talk to someone who was shouting and concluded a deal with the landlord which recognized none of my needs. I live in fear of their visit in my own home.
4. Heat 'n Go promised to have their expert, Lloyd, deal with the problem and then Lloyd called, said "HELLO?, HELLO?" a few times and then hung up. A call back elicited a third person's reassurance that Lloyd would call back but he did not. You wouldn't want these liars in your home, either.
5. Looking for another exterminator with the time diminishing to protect my belongings from a disaster like the one with Aanteater.
Existing AODA and Human Rights laws are not enough to control these bullies in other peoples' homes.
Please see your private messages. There's a link in the sidebar near where you log in.
You must log in to post.