Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Exposure to bugs (again), but did I bring them home?

(4 posts)
  1. herewegoagain

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 23:42:36
    #

Login to Send PM

So I stayed at a friend's apartment last night where I could definitely tell there were bed bugs. I don't know why I did... ugh. Anyway, he had JUST moved that day, and I'm pretty sure his mattress was new, but maybe the apartment has a big infestation, I don't know. Anyway, I slept with all of my clothes off, but the clothes were still on the bed. In the morning I went home, and I was thinking he might have bugs so I took off my clothes and sat them on my floor in the living room. They were probably there for 4-5 hours, and then I put them in the dryer (should have done it sooner)..

Today I noticed the three-bite shit all over my body (I respond heavily to the bites) and I've had bugs before in my house so I know that I definitely got bit by them. What do you think the chances are that I brought them into my house? Are they in the living room sofa? I took my bedding and put it on high, but it's still probably too early to tell if I have them here now.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 10:45:15
    #

Login to Send PM

You could definitely tell there were bed bugs in your friend's apartment? How so?

The lack of exposed items, the time in which you treated those few items and the lack of actual evidence makes me think that you're not at a high risk for having transferred bed bugs to your couch or bed. You may want to pick up a passive monitor for your mental health, but at this point tearing your place apart searching for something that may or may not exist sounds like a recipe for madness.

What whispers the whisker?
  3. herewegoagain

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 13:52:50
    #

Login to Send PM

haha! Well, I felt like I could feel/hear them moving around at night there. But I definitely got bit by bed bugs somewhere... I was also recently on tour with my band (week and a half ago) so who knows. I do have really itchy triple-bite marks all over my body though so that's why I'm spooked!

4. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 14:49:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I read that bites can appear right away or over a week later. So only time will tell if you brought them home with you, either from his house or a trip with the band. Leaving your clothes laying around for hours after returning home isn't being very careful though.

Account closed

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,195 posts in 41,256 topics over 125 months by 18,080 of 18,499 members. Latest: Mendace, astephe2, Cmarie32