Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Expert Fecal ID Please?

(5 posts)
  1. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 8:01:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm staying with my parents and found this spot on my bed. Is this BB fecal? I'm freaking out. We have been so careful about not spreading them and we haven't seen any signs in our own home in 2 months. Hard to say if I've been bitten because of mosquito bites. Please help.

http://imgur.com/a/N2ukH

2. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 8:04:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I should add that when I touched it it smeared.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 9:43:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No its not fecal.

This was not deposited by a liquid with the same viscosity of bed bugs.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 9:49:32
    #

Login to Send PM

It helps so much, David. The thought of them being at my parents, who do not have the same resources to deal with this, was breaking my heart. I think that's why I had a hard time evaluating it - emotion was getting the best of me. I really, really appreciate it. This was the closest of anything I've seen to your photos - but I also had my doubts as it didn't seem to be liquid enough. Probably something me or the dog tracked into the bed.

I so appreciate this, really.

I also took off all the bedding and inspected the mattress and boxspring and found no other signs.So I was feeling better, but always best to have your confirmation.

Thanks again!

5. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 10:32:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Now I can go back to worrying about things I have even less control over... like North Korea and the rest of the sad state of the world. May be time for me to seek some nature therapy via a good long hike.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234