(4 posts)
  1. Mizlizkitty

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Sep 7 2017 17:26:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll keep it short-

Bed bugs discovered last August at my elderly parents home. After much screaming we went with a heat treatment along with two residual sprays. Bugs gone since last October.

They are back! And they knowingly brought some blankets here to wash and which I did on hot and I found lots of dead bugs (which led to the current confrontation.)

Blankets were cleaned and never left my basement. Today I discovered one lone bug on my pants hanging down there.

I am hoping this is a straggler and have rewashed the whole load on hot and dried on hot.

Now my parents think a mattress encapsulation will help them. I am crestfallen. I think that's just a bandaid and we need the heat again.

Could this be the same infestation or do you think it's new?

Help!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 23:28:31
    #

Login to Send PM

It depends how long they have been back before you were alerted to them. However, it sounds like it's a likely new introduction. Are they in a multi-unit building? If so, attached neighbors may have them and should have a professional inspection.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 23:28:31
    #

Login to Send PM

It depends how long they have been back before you were alerted to them. However, it sounds like it's a likely new introduction. Are they in a multi-unit building? If so, attached neighbors may have them and should have a professional inspection.

4. Mizlizkitty

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 21:16:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the response! They live and own their home. They need to find a way to pay for another heat treatment. Period. I just hope there are nobugsonme.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,818 posts in 43,334 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78