(2 posts)
  1. frustrated12

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 15 2017 11:35:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I believe I have been dealing with bed bugs for more than 18 months but have limited signs.

I've used climb-up detectors on my bed but found nothing, several mattress encasements but continued to have apparent bedbug-bumps on my neck, back and other parts of my body, tried the Rutgers/Wang dry ice method multiple times but found nothing, and recently used BBalert for about 10-14 days consecutively while sleeping in the same room but found nothing.

I've lived in three different apartments during this time. Only the first two seemed to have greater-than-usual sightings of centipedes in the home.

I replaced my mattress and bed frame in my second apartment (I know moving and replacing furniture is not advised, but that's what I did.)

I even had a trained dog come into my apartment, but that found nothing.

I've been to three skin doctors, all of whom have said it's folliculitis (I know advice says you can't use bites to tell you what's happening, but I'm just saying this for contributing evidence/factors). But a young family member recently stayed in my house and got three classic bumps on her neck, but they may have been from somewhere else.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 15 2017 12:10:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Symptoms with no confirming signs despite checks, inspections and monitoring means its less likely to be bed bugs and more likely to be something else.

While not all the methods you have outlined are supported via the forum if you have used the ones we do recommend you can certainly be discounting the possibility of bed bugs and focusing your efforts elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,669 posts in 43,300 topics over 130 months by 18,985 of 19,564 members. Latest: BBRuth, nonono, Cleothecat