Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Does this sound like normal bedbug behavior?

(5 posts)
  1. GA-peach

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 8 2017 15:39:08
    #

Login to Send PM

My daughter brought me a pillow last night that had a bug on it. I didn't take a picture, but it looked exactly like the photos of bedbugs I saw when I googled. I left the pillow on the porch and we stripped her bed (lots of pillows and stuffies, blankets, and linens). I checked every single item and put it straight into the washer. Then I checked the mattresses. Then I checked her sister's bed in the same manner (they share a room). Nothing. No bugs. No stains. No bites.

Then I went back to the original pillow. The bug was still there. I tried to shake it loose but I ended up having to pull it off with tweezers. I squished it on the porch: guts, but nothing that looked like blood.

I can't figure out why, if it was alive, it didn't run. Or if it was dead, why it squished? Is it possible that it was a lone bug? I know that's ridiculous, but this whole situation is weird.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 9 2017 12:09:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Most people that ID bugs for themselves are wrong, probably around 90% of the time.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. GA-peach

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 9 2017 13:25:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Lol okay then. Thanks, I guess.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 9 2017 14:50:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Post an image and we can work from there.

5. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 9 2017 19:43:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Could it have been a tick you found? Could explain the ‘lone bug’ and the ‘need for tweezers’ and the ‘guts not blood’ bit... I can see how the 2 bugs could look similar...

Also, did you check your girls for head lice? With school back, it wouldn’t be out of the question...

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd