Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Does ironing your clothes kill bed bugs?

(5 posts)

Tags:

1. madd love

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 12 2010 20:07:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know if ironing your clothes kill bed bugs?

Every night I iron my sheets on the bed and iron my clothes in the morning with the iron on a high setting in addition to other steps like drying my clothes in the dryer every week.

2. Jacksfullofaces

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 13 2010 4:11:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I do this also on the grounds that a hot iron doesn't do them any good.
    Jacks

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 13 2010 7:27:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Ironing would only ever work as a contact killer so in short it does not matter if you iron the sheets or not. Inspecting them and physically removing any samples would be much more sensible and productive.

There is no need to iron the clothes in the morning if you have previously washed or processed them kept in an area where they are not exposed to bedbugs, again for the same reasons.

It also cuts down on the amount of work that you need to do which can only be a good thing.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  4. Jacksfullofaces

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jul 13 2010 7:41:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I only iron the sheets when they have been washed - it gets the creases out. Cotton can be uncomfortable left unironed. As an added bonus it wouldn't do any rogue egg or bug much good. If I gave the erroneous impression that I don't check the sheets - I apologise.
    Jacks

5. CrazyBugLady

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jul 22 2010 2:11:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I ironed my bed sheets and quilts every night for two weeks. Now it's every 3rd day. I don't know. I think it makes me feel better so I can rest. I set on the highest setting. Spray lavender water on the sheets in the morning and then on the quilt.

(sigh) Guess if you're doing your best you're doing okay.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.