Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Does fogging work?

(5 posts)
  1. begonebedbugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Mar 13 2009 14:39:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I had out a new company today - anyone ever hear of Action Pest Control out of Toms River NJ? They brought their Bed Bug Dog and confirmed my worst fear - the bugs have spread to my basement in the area's I kinda thought that they would. So the area where the kids have been sleeping on a blowup matress (which wasnt out by the way) and my couch we've all been hanging out on and sleeping on occasionally.

This company would charge $2000.00 to come out and Spray the whole house - all cracks/crevices - steam all furniture and walls and then set off a bomb in my house on both floors - garage and attic. They'd come back one week later to spray/steam again and then the 3rd week would bring a different dog to hopefully clear the area. These dogs are from the Florida Kanine Academy...

I heard that fogging though chases the bugs further into the walls? Is this always the case? Has anyone had any success with it? The thing I like about it is - I seen the dog work and it totally sat down by any affected area's and waited for a treat. All the area's we had treated (and I didnt tell the company before hand what area's I had problems in)and confirmed my worst fear that they did spread even though we havent seen them in the basement. - So the thing I like is that we can put back out all of our shoes/albums/junk in our rooms - (not clothes) and it would be fogged/treated and we'd get a 60 day warrenty - and the dog would clear the house once all the bugs are gone.

I didnt sign the contract cause I really wanted to check with all of you... I already spent $3000 - and this is another $2000... money doesnt matter I just want these bugs gone but I dont want to make matters worse either.

I would love any/all advice please!

My current exterminator is coming back out Monday to hear what the dogs had to say and look around the house as well so I could have them treat infected area's and see what happens but I wouldnt really know unless I paid the dogs to come thru again.

I did ask for residential references but they would only give me large company references which makes me uncomfortable. HELP!

2. BugBoy911

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 14 2009 15:29:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I could bet my license on this that you do not need another $2000 job!!! This is what you call a SCAM... You don't need to steam everything head to toe, then what happens if you have something in the future... You need a good PCO that specializes in bedbug control and prevention to take care of your situation. Why is it always $2000 or $5000 or hell.. why not $10,000 its a freak'n joke.... So what.. "Action," brings in 4 guy's for a job that could be done with 2 just to show off... then they say the "B word!?!?!!? Bombing for bedbugs eh!? This is new... How can you kill bedbugs with a bomb when their in in the cracks and crevices of the room which are immune to fog!? Fod is not like X ray or something,, it doesn't go into and under your screw's, staples, frames, mattresses, IMO their taking you for a ride... your another human being cornered and don't know what to do, and are perfect bait for the EVIL PCO to rape you for a good $3000... It makes me sick.. I don't care how bad the problem is... I've seen hundreds of bedbug jobs and it just makes me sick how much my boss used to charge. Tell action to go bomb their self and send over a PM... I back up what I speak... and have recently helped somebody on this site saving them over $200 on a treatment mabye more. Poor guy lost his job, didn't have a lot of money and needed help. Its makes oneself feel good helping another human being without financially killing them.. A well balanced treatment financially and professionally is my cup of tea. I will one day get recognized as the person to go too... I don't care if you charge $2000 $4000 or $10,000... I will do the job just as good, if not more effective than your 3 shmucks in company shirts that get paid $8 an hr doing a professionals job... The boss of the company is laughing all the way to the bank and probably wasn't even on the job to inspect the prmesis... Oh they had a dog right!? OH NO... Now we can charge thousands upon thousands cause we have a dog from Florida! oooo now I"m scared... Its a joke... Say what you want...

3. begonebedbugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 14 2009 16:07:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I decided not to go with Action anyway - I think the company as a whole were unprofessional from the girl setting up the appointments never returning my calls to the guy that handled the dog and the way he did it. He was very full of himself and I agree - it might not be the company's fault - but this guy isnt an expert he's just spraying the chemicals around cause thats what he's paid to do.

I really like the PCO I'm using now and they seem to be treating me very fairly - but I'm concerned that I need more than just repeat chemical treatments. Can you ever get rid of BB's with just using chemicals or do things really need to be steamed?

KillerQueen suggested I call Cooper as they're one of the best in NJ and they charge $95.00 just to come out to do a consultation. They also quoted me about $1500-$2000 to treat the whole house. I just dont know what to do... I'm not a patient person and I hate the waiting game - PLUS - only my husband and 2 year old ever show signs of being bitten so I cant even really test all the area's where the bugs have been seen.

Thanks for your reply - my husband was ready for me to sign with Action - and of course they could have done the job TODAY... but I just didnt care for the company as a whole.

4. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 14 2009 16:24:15
    #

Login to Send PM

begonebedbugs - 10 minutes ago  » 

KillerQueen suggested I call Cooper as they're one of the best in NJ and they charge $95.00 just to come out to do a consultation.

If KQ suggested them I'd have confidence in that. Also IMHO knowing now what I know of BBs I'd expect a charge for a consultation because besides finding proof of infestation I'd expect a quality PCO to do a bit of a run through to gauge the level of infestation and formulate in their mind what will need to be done. All that is going to take time that they would likely charge for.

If I'm wrong on that our resident PCO's will certainly give their $.02.

Jim

5. BugBoy911

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 14 2009 17:41:28
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen and BugBoy911 against New York City!! Problem solved!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,034 posts in 28,278 topics over 87 months by 12,189 of 19,343 members. Latest: bugAnxiety, redbird, sera143
Site Meter