Does Bedbug Powder work?

(10 posts)
  1. hatebedbugs2009

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 11 2009 7:52:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Saw this video on youtube. If anyone has used this powder before, did it work?
    Thanks!

[+] Embed the videoGet the Video Plugins

2. klotztheatre

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 11 2009 8:56:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I didn't have any bugs on my mattress though... They were hiding in the cracks of the bed itself. We had to take the bed completely apart, otherwise, they would just come out at night when the sheets and things were on the bed and bite. They wouldn't have gotten onthe mattress where he poured that, or the floor of the bed. This sounds like DE, which I would recommend if you get the food grade I think it is, not the pool/outdoor grade, but I think that the guy had the majority of the bugs exterminated from that PCO and used this to kill any that weren't in the wood parts of the bed. I mean he said that the PCO came out twice? That's going to get a lot of bugs. I think the combination of professionals AND DE would work like a charm.I have read that a lot of people apply DE around baseboards and behind outlets if they live in apartments to make sure they don't travel from one apartment to another. Good luck.

3. Just itching to get rid of them

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 11 2009 8:57:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like the product is DE. He should say what it is. He should also talk about the precautions you need to take when you use it.

4. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 11 2009 10:03:25
    #

Login to Send PM

It is just DE and shouldn't be used like he shows. It is very effective but should be used with precautions.

See the DE hazards tag up top for details.

Jim

5. ritanna3

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 12 2009 0:28:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone used this bedbug powder and no for sure that it is just DE? My next step is to buy some DE and start trying to get it in the walls and baseboards, and the bottle that this comes in appears pretty handy as it doesn't look like you would need to buy a separate puffer type mechanism. The suggested DE's in the amazon store on this site look like they only come in bags, boxes or shakers, so I think I would to figure out some separate puffer to buy. Thanks for any suggestions!

6. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 12 2009 0:41:37
    #

Login to Send PM

He scratches himself a few times in the beginning. Might not be quite so effective. LMAO!

It is DE at a ridiculous markup.

Get this duster it rocks.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bellow-hand-duster-p-106.html

Jim

7. Aris

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 12 2009 8:39:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Related thread

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 12 2009 9:36:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Please read my comments about this video in this thread:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/_-great-video-which-got-rid-of-my-bed-bugs#post-26820

Note the poster in that thread was a spammer pretending to be a satisified customer. We have repeatedly seen people promoting this "helpful" video/product who never posted to another thread.

Also, as I note in the linked thread, the video shows extremely questionable application methods.

See the DE FAQ: http://bedbuggers.com/faqde

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  9. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 12 2009 10:11:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I remember that. Let's call him "Itchy the Spammer".

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 12 2009 14:03:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I want to be clear that I don't think hatesbedbugs2009 is spamming us here.

I just think that it's relevant to the discussion that a company appears to be marketing itself in this way.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,764 posts in 29,325 topics over 90 months by 12,644 of 19,898 members. Latest: waitingforbyebugs, TroublesBehind, mightywarrior