Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Does bed bugs multiply fast in population?

(5 posts)
  1. Malaysian

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 12:42:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Let's say there is one bed bug and having a source of meal readily almost everyday for like 10-11 months... by then will the population be a huge number? And do fecal stains show up on the bed by that time?

2. Chucklehead

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 13:30:46
    #

Login to Send PM

10-11 months? You're screwed

3. Malaysian

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 13:51:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Chucklehead - 20 minutes ago  » 
    10-11 months? You're screwed

Will the infestation sign be obvious by then?

4. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 14:29:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Technically speaking, if you have a single, male bed bug with a solid food source.... that one BB could live in your house for his entire lifespan and never create an issue. Just one lonely bachelor, feeding off you and doing his thing. But if the one was an already impregnated female, and you gave her a food source, she would lay her eggs... those would need 1-2 weeks to hatch, and a week for each of its 5 nymph stages... so by 2 months you'd have a small community fully capable of breeding. Bed Bugs don't care about familial lines- momma and her son becomes mates, sisters and brothers become mates... after 10-11 months, you would have an obvious infestation on your hands.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  5. Malaysian

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 22:48:26
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 8 hours ago  » 
    Technically speaking, if you have a single, male bed bug with a solid food source.... that one BB could live in your house for his entire lifespan and never create an issue. Just one lonely bachelor, feeding off you and doing his thing. But if the one was an already impregnated female, and you gave her a food source, she would lay her eggs... those would need 1-2 weeks to hatch, and a week for each of its 5 nymph stages... so by 2 months you'd have a small community fully capable of breeding. Bed Bugs don't care about familial lines- momma and her son becomes mates, sisters and brothers become mates... after 10-11 months, you would have an obvious infestation on your hands.

Incest lol
    Hmm

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,819 posts in 43,335 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78