Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Does any other bug bite 3 in a row?

(5 posts)
  1. Mofear

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 11 2010 14:43:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been getting bitten by something for weeks, and now my husband is too. I was just beginning to settle down a little but, since we have not found any bugs at all, even with two Nightwatches running. Yesterday, I found some irritations along my waistband area, and today, there are 3 clear bites in a row there. Some of my other bites have been in triangles. Does ANY other bug bite in a row like that?? I am going crazy, because our PCO is going to use heat at the first sign of a bug, but he HAS to have physical evidence. We have seen some midges in our house, and I think I have had a few bites from those also, so I was hoping ALL of the bites were from those. But 3 in a row??
    Mofear

2. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 11 2010 15:26:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Set up a flea trap to see if they are your problem.

Jim

3. ParanoidinGA

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 11 2010 16:10:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. I suffered from bites earlier this spring from biting gnats (midges). They would bite on my exposed arms about 4 or 5 in a row on several occasions for about a month until we discovered the source (houseplants they were emerging from) and removed the source. The bites were EXTREMELY itchy and would last for up to a month, similar to what some folks' bed bug reactions are. They left brownish scars. The multiple bites reacted the same way as the singular bites.

So, while you COULD have bed bugs, there's no way to know for sure until you find evidence.

Bites around waistband area: I'm only posing this anectodally because I've never thoroughly researched this, but I've heard that body lice can live in seams of clothing (waistbands, too). Is this a possibility for those bites? Perhaps, too, if you were wearing clothing around your waist the waistband just caused you to itch (happens to me and when I scratch myself I get circular and long hives).

4. Mofear

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Sep 13 2010 13:05:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the replies. We did rule out fleas--had them years ago, and we could see them. Considered body lice at one point! Dermatologist thought I was crazy. Some of the bites are just too big, and we don't see any signs of lice in our clothing or bedding. So....my bites are increasing, and for a while I was hopeful that it might be the midges, BUT, the other night I had a splotch of black ink looking something on my cheek. It smeared when I rubbed it. UGH I considered mascara, but as hard as I tried to smear my mascara when dry, it just flecked off, wouldn't smear. I am sick. We HAVE to find some evidence soon, or I will not make it. Going on 6 weeks of bites.
    Mofear

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Sep 13 2010 13:40:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Typically the midges living in house plants (in the soil actually), sciarid flies, are not biting midges. Possibly reactions you were experiencing were not actually bites. Body lice also are creatures that just appear, but would have to be from someone with them. They are not good at hitchhiking like bed bugs are.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult in all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.