Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Do you ever FEEL like your getting bit?

(4 posts)
  1. begonebedbugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 3 2009 12:25:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope its all in my head but whenever I sit at my computer desk I "FEE" like I'm getting bit. But its multiple times all over so I guess it cant be. I hope it cant be! Last night I did freak out and clean out my desk and sweep and mop real good all around it! I get the same kind of feelings on my couch at night when watching TV... I think its just from reading too much about BBs and hearing all the horror stories!

I dont react at all to bites even if I was getting bit - but I never feel this way in bed.

2. Emmm

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 3 2009 13:14:41
    #

Login to Send PM

This I'd love to know, but I imagine it's hard to suss out. I think some people on here have said they feel getting bit, but is that standard? I was told early on that you won't feel the bite, but who knows?

Just this afternoon I was scratching at dry skin on my elbow, and wound up scratching off what I figured was dead skin, a large piece. Then a tiny bit of blood came up, and I started wondering if it was a nymph I actually knocked off. It really stuck there, holding on tight, and I don't know if that's typical. Of course I can't find it now, and the area was a bit sore, but not itchy otherwise.

Very, very frustrating and indeed can mess with one's head. All day I wonder if tiny sensations are bites in progress or coming up. I was told it's hard to use bites as a barometer, hence the watching for other signs. So maybe put it out of your head and see if that helps?

3. bedbugsmakemesad

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 3 2009 14:37:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I would assume everybody who goes through a bed bug experience has this problem. Once you get it in your head that there could be a bed bug anywhere in the vicinity, it's hard NOT to feel "phantom bites" or creepy-crawley sensations no matter how hard you try not to (actually, the harder you try not to the more you're likely to feel the sensations. It's kind of a catch-22).

My advice is if you "feel" like you're getting bitten or have something crawling on your leg while you're laying on the couch or sitting in your computer chair, just look down. If there's nothing there, it's probably just in your head. It's not like they're so speedy that they could bite you, feed, and run away before you have a chance to look down (at least I don't think it is?).

4. sickandtired

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 4 2009 12:46:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I've had the same experience and sensations off and on for the last 6-8 months, post-BBs, and similar to you, I experience them mostly while sitting at my computer, almost always in the evening more so than the daytime, and sometimes while in an easy chair watching TV at night... but oddly enough, not in bed. Also get increased sensations when it's humid/rainy.

If it was just a matter of "feeling" the creepy-crawlies, that would be one thing and easily dismissed as some kind of post-BB psychological stress. But I continue to get red marks as well, on my chest and back. On a few occassions I actually "feel" something biting/pinching me, and then there is a definite red bite-like mark. So that is not so easy to dismiss as solely some kind of psychological/allergic reaction, when you see and feel an actual bite mark.

I've pretty much ruled out that I still have BBs thanks to two dog inspections. But I'm still trying to figure out if I have some kind of mite problem? I posted a note in the forum the other day, and I'm going to repost to see if I get any responses, which I haven't yet.

My point is, is that it seems from other posts on this board, that it is a somewhat common phenomenon, and it's a REAL problem and not necessarily just in your head. The question is whether this common "phenomenon" is: A) some kind of post-BB psychological reaction; B) a continued allergic reaction due to increased skin sensitivity from BBs &/or pesticides; or C) a continued pest problem of some kind, BB or mites, with increased sensitivity to mites after BBs; or D) all of the above? Those are the questions and possible answers I have, anyway.

To any expert who comes along and identifies this common post-BB problem/phenomenon-- especially one who'd give specific and helpful advice and information on how to deal with it-- I think you would have a lot of grateful BB warriors on your hands.

In the meantime, the not knowing can make you feel obsessive/compulsive for months and prone to blame it on your own psyche. But since it seems to be common reaction experienced by a lot of people in the post-BB stage, I'd suggest there's more to it than just an overactive imagination...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.