do they only come out at night????

(7 posts)
  1. buggedbybugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 22 2009 16:42:36
    #

Login to Send PM

when the bites first started and i thought i was just having some sort of reaction i remember rolling over in bed in the morning and seeing a little reddish spider like, smaller than a gnat on the sheet next to me . i didn't think nothing of it at the time untill the bites continued. then i found the second bug on the wall that fit the bed bug description better so i forgot about it. well just now it's 1:30 in the afternoon i was doing laundry in my laundry room i picked up a towel that had the same little reddish bugs on there runnig around all over it like the speed of ants don't bed bugs hide out during the day?

2. brbugfighter

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 22 2009 17:41:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you got a positive ID?
    No, bed bugs not seen only at night. I've seen them crossing my daughter's bedroom floor in the afternoon like they had not a care in the world. Early in the morning on my bed in large numbers, a veritable family gathering, mom, pops, grandma, grandpa and countless little babies. Also in the bathrooms, seeking refuge from the recently sprayed rooms. I read somewhere in the forums that seeing them in broad daylight could be a sign of a significant infestation. The bugs on the towel is bad news too. It means they are probably infesting your linens and clothes too. Sorry to break the bad news.

3. cantstopscratching

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 22 2009 17:46:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I've only ever seen one, and it was strolling on a plastic bag inside my captains bed during the afternoon. It was so small, that if it weren't crawling, I wouldn't have noticed it.

4. cantstopscratching

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 22 2009 17:50:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, and I should add that I had a light infestation. I had two different PCOs come, and neither could find any bbs or signs. one was convinced it was a straggler, and the other thought I must have caught it in its infancy stage. So, You might have a bad infestation, or you may not.

5. buggedbybugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 22 2009 20:56:39
    #

Login to Send PM

no i don't have a positive i.d, i've been searching everywhere for these bugs and untill today nothing! no one in the home has been getting bit bit and i was the only person who was ever bit up so if i do have them it can't be too bad can it? can you describe the bug you saw, the ones i saw were very tiny too

6. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 22 2009 21:47:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs, generally speaking, prefer to feed at night. this makes sense since at night when we're asleep, it's safer for the bugs to feed when we're not awake to notice them.

However, if people work night shifts, the bugs will adjust to feed whenever the person is asleep, even if it's not at night.

If bugs get hungry enough, they will feed during the day even if the person is a night sleeper.

If you accidentally disturbed a harborage of them, you could see them during the day. It's not like they go dormant during certain hours.

If you can catch any specimens (I used clear tape and an index card. Stuck the bugs to the tape, and then the tape to the card), you can get a professional to identify the same so that you can treat whatever pest you have.

7. buggedbybugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 22 2009 22:11:30
    #

Login to Send PM

i don't think there was a harborage there i saw maybe 6 bugs crawling on the towel, the towel was on the floor behind the basket i saw nothing else on the floor and my tile is tan so they would have been noticeable i saw not crack in that area either i'm hoping it was somthing other than bed bugs i wish i would have caught one to compare to some online pictures i went and looked again to try and find another one but there was nothing!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,349 posts in 29,439 topics over 90 months by 12,703 of 19,965 members. Latest: Leetleet21, daniel, ShooBug