Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Do roaches bite? What do they look like?

(4 posts)
  1. NoBB

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 11 2011 3:14:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I have bed bugs and roaches

This morning I found 2 new bites on me. And a new roach hatchling crawling on my bed later.

Could my bites be from the baby roach?

I also found one tiny, tiny droplet of blood stain/ fecal spot on my sheet (dark red). Does that rule out the roach?

Thx again.

2. slj29

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 11 2011 4:01:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Roaches don't bite, but if you are seeing babies on your bed, your infestation is probably greater than you realize. Usually you'd see baby roaches in a bathroom or kitchen, if at all. Try to find the source of the nest nearby so you can get rid of the egg sacs. Call a PCO. If you can't hire a PCO, you can buy some of the gel-bait online; they take it back to their nest and share it.

3. NoBB

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 11 2011 6:02:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks

We aren't infested with roaches, I guess -- it was only on my sheets because that is the only place where there wasn't some chemical residual.

Hard to avoid roaches in Taiwan, btw.

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun May 10 2015 10:40:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm . . . some clarification:

> Cockroaches have chewing mouth parts so, by definition, they are capable of biting. However, think of it as YOU trying to bite an elephant. I suppose that you could but you'd be hard pressed to a) Create a significant bite, and, b) Be physically able to open your jaws wide enough to bite such a large surface.

> In the past I've seen where roach infestations are so large and numerous that they chew off the eyebrows and eyelashes of children as they sleep. Nasty but, it happens.

> Cockroaches DO NOT nest ! They aggregate or harbor/hide together. This can occur in great numbers and is due to their preferred environs as well as their "aggregation pheromones" which are deposited in such areas.

> Baits can work but to assume that using these baits alone will result in 100% elimination of a significant infestation is naive and wrong headed thinking for many reasons.

> An integrated approach is best to eliminate/remediate pest problems including roaches and/or bed bugs.

Hope this helps, good luck ! pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

216,644 posts in 33,541 topics over 102 months by 14,580 of 14,877 members. Latest: abn0rmal, whitedesichick, seeairuhhh555