Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Do roaches bite? What do they look like?

(5 posts)
  1. NoBB

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 11 2011 3:14:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I have bed bugs and roaches

This morning I found 2 new bites on me. And a new roach hatchling crawling on my bed later.

Could my bites be from the baby roach?

I also found one tiny, tiny droplet of blood stain/ fecal spot on my sheet (dark red). Does that rule out the roach?

Thx again.

2. slj29

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 11 2011 4:01:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Roaches don't bite, but if you are seeing babies on your bed, your infestation is probably greater than you realize. Usually you'd see baby roaches in a bathroom or kitchen, if at all. Try to find the source of the nest nearby so you can get rid of the egg sacs. Call a PCO. If you can't hire a PCO, you can buy some of the gel-bait online; they take it back to their nest and share it.

3. NoBB

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 11 2011 6:02:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks

We aren't infested with roaches, I guess -- it was only on my sheets because that is the only place where there wasn't some chemical residual.

Hard to avoid roaches in Taiwan, btw.

4. Serg

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun May 10 2015 2:24:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I hate cockroaches! I used many ways to kill these monsters, even this. Sometimes it help, but then they come again. In addition, the worst thing - they can bite you. Yes, this small insect can bite you and even bite through the skin. Then you can fall ill and even die. All who have cockroaches in their house - should be careful. For those who want "What to do when cockroach bite you" or maybe look for the ways to kill this beasts I recommend Anti-cockroach manually . Real ways to save your life! I hope I helped!

5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun May 10 2015 10:40:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm . . . some clarification:

> Cockroaches have chewing mouth parts so, by definition, they are capable of biting. However, think of it as YOU trying to bite an elephant. I suppose that you could but you'd be hard pressed to a) Create a significant bite, and, b) Be physically able to open your jaws wide enough to bite such a large surface.

> In the past I've seen where roach infestations are so large and numerous that they chew off the eyebrows and eyelashes of children as they sleep. Nasty but, it happens.

> Cockroaches DO NOT nest ! They aggregate or harbor/hide together. This can occur in great numbers and is due to their preferred environs as well as their "aggregation pheromones" which are deposited in such areas.

> Baits can work but to assume that using these baits alone will result in 100% elimination of a significant infestation is naive and wrong headed thinking for many reasons.

> An integrated approach is best to eliminate/remediate pest problems including roaches and/or bed bugs.

Hope this helps, good luck ! pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

212,396 posts in 32,728 topics over 100 months by 14,134 of 14,417 members. Latest: milesbilly293, jcliffy, winteriscoming