Do I still have Bedbugs?

(4 posts)
  1. jrcrets

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon May 15 2017 10:13:22
    #

Login to Send PM

So, this is my second time so far dealing with bed bugs. First time was back in 2011. A few weeks ago I noticed bites and they seemed really similar, in look and pattern to when I first had bed bugs. I waited a few more days to see if the bites kept up and then contacted the people who run my building and they sent someone. The exterminator had trouble finding any evidence, not much in the way of staining. He did eventually find small bits of staining and 2 bed bugs and thoroughly sprayed the apartment. This was after I had completed the list of tasks that needed to be completed for proper treatment. He said that I caught it really early and believed that since it was so early, I might be fine with just one treatment.

So it's been about 2ish, maybe 3 weeks since he came by. I stopped noticing bites and it seemed like, somehow, I might be done with this. Recently I've notice something that has me paranoid that they're still there, but I also think it could just be stress and paranoia and want to see what someone else thinks.

I've noticed very small tiny bumps occasionally appearing, usually on my hands or ankles. A few on my knees as well. IF they itch, it's only for a a few minutes, but the very very small bumps remain for some time. They're so small that you wouldn't notice them to see them, but can feel the slightly raised skin if you felt across the spot. I've never had anything like this (that I've noticed...again this could be paranoia) and wondering if the bed bugs are back and the bites have changed in some way after treatment. Now my previous bites would very clearly be bug bites. They would be decent sized bumps that then got very red and very very itchy. They also tended to follow a 2-3 in a row pattern.

What does anyone think? Am I being paranoid or is it possible they're still around and the evidence is showing up this drastically? I appreciate any response!

2. jrcrets

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon May 15 2017 12:06:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Is there anything I should specifically be checking for that I might not be? I don't want to call the exterminator back if I'm overreacting.

3. ambushed9

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon May 15 2017 14:04:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I am no expert so can't really advise, but what you describe about those small bumps is exactly the experience I had after getting bit several times on the left arm. The bites were large, swollen and incredibly itchy. It took over a week for them to subside and as they did a bunch of small, almost invisible to the eye bumps sprouted all around my left elbow. It's been a couple more weeks and they are finally nearly gone.

Not much help, there, sorry, but your description of those small bumps was striking to me. Not that it makes much sense...

Perhaps they are some kind of residual effect as a result of a concentration of bb bites? That's the only explanation I can come up with for mine. They sprouted near where I had several bites. Lasted a LONG time, weren't really 'itchy' like the bb bites, but I often found myself running my hand over them.

Hope someone who knows better might have some answers for you.

Shari

4. jrcrets

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon May 15 2017 15:04:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmm. That's interesting. Maybe that's what it is? I'd prefer that to still being bitten for sure.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,319 posts in 42,984 topics over 129 months by 18,860 of 19,418 members. Latest: wouldliketosleepagain, Jweesh, Bert230