Do I still have Bed Bugs?

(2 posts)
  1. chilokar

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 10 2014 0:46:37
    #

Login to Send PM

In august 2014, I got bed bugs from a hotel. I had just moved down south. I had just bought a bed and a couch which both became infested. My housing company heat treated the entire apartment for 4 hours. I realized that in that time, the bugs could just retreat into the couch--and they did. I was bitten and bitten till finally I threw out the bed and left the apartment. Before moving all my stuff, I nuked my belongings with pesticides from home depot and got sick in the process.

In the second apartment, I slept on an air-matress and to my dismay, I was still getting bitten. I knew because it was on my face. Two bites that itched and didn't pop like pimples. I soon found out that the treatments the complex were doing was not sufficient and decided to leave the whole complex.

Before moving to my third apartment, I rented a storage unit and put all my belongings in it-- clothes, electronics, and my kitchen stuff. Terminix put vaporizing pesticide strips in and we let it sit for 72 hours. My car was treated with a can and let to sit for 5 hours. I had packed some walmart clothes to change into and anything not in that truck was left behind. I came to my new apartment and moved in. Since then, I've had one burning type bump on my back that didnt feel like a regular pimple. I've been "breaking out" practically non-stop. I'm on a new air mattress. On my shoulder, I had 3 "bumps" in a row. They all popped and settled more like pimples, but I wonder if that's too coincidental. I bought all white sheets so I could see blood stains. Today, I discovered some. I DREAD to know if these are, but I need some advice please. I can't move again.

I haven't seen one, and I haven't been woken by bites. I wonder if my body built up a resistance to the biting. I've seen someone mention dust mites. Maybe I have a reaction to the carpet. Help.

http://imgur.com/bb7w2vN,9pxpMs7#0

http://imgur.com/bb7w2vN,9pxpMs7#1

2. howdoesitend

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Dec 11 2014 19:28:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    I am not an expert, just someone who has experienced bed bugs for a while and read many tales of people moving and still bringing the bugs with them. I think you should stop moving as you may be spreading them from place to place. Again, I am not an expert, but from what I have read, it doesn't seem like the measures you have taken can guarantee that you have not brought them with you. I am currently in a rental situation where I have them, and because of the living dynamics, reinfestation seems inevitable, and I am planning to move. But! I am going to have all of my things fumigated with Vikane, which I have read is a very reliable way of getting rid of bed bugs. I will post a success story if it works. It seems like all you can do now is monitor, and if you find proof, you have to talk to your landlord about it. Educate yourself through this site, knowledge is your best weapon when it comes to this subject, especially if the bugs are persistent in following you from place to place. Even though it is easy for us to react drastically, I think we should all try to be aware we are not exposing ourselves to too many poisonous chemicals and that we are doing what we can to prevent the spread to other people and locations. Then if you need to move to get rid of the bugs, make sure you have educated yourself on how to move responsibly and not take them with you. Good luck to us all.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,613 posts in 45,832 topics over 139 months by 20,182 of 20,985 members. Latest: bbuganxiety, Paseorent, allspiceberry143