Do I have bed bugs or not?

(4 posts)
  1. suchbuggers

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2014 4:40:52
    #

Login to Send PM

So my sister had been getting bitten quite regularly and after a couple months I started to. I'm not sure if they are bed bugs. So I did some research on BB and found that they leave black specks. I checked my bed and I found little black specks. Only a few tiny ones here and there, but I can't be sure because it might be crumbs of food that dropped once. I've also never heard of bed bugs occurring in NZ

I get bites around the knee, ankles, foot, wrist and waist.

Once after sitting on the couch I lifted the cushion seat and I saw something tiny crawling among the crumbs (gross I know we vacuumed after). It was tiny, round bodied and dark. I freaked out and asked my dad to check me and my sisters mattress. On my sisters mattress we found blood stains everywhere! Its a rusty colour and was even on the pillows and blankets. On the base mattress we found black specks. In my bed we initially found nothing then we looked deep in the seems around base mattress and found cast skins. They were in groups or singly in 1-3 and about half a meter apart. No live bed bugs were found but I do have a hole where the leg of my base board is missing and a thin cover, covers the spring box.
    No one else except my sister and I are getting bitten. My parents aren't. Is this because our rooms are adjacent and they could have wandered to my room?

Update: I've spent three nights in my parents room and I haven't been bitten at all. Does this mean I may in fact have BB?

2. bronx bugged

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2014 16:25:33
    #

Login to Send PM

sounds like it check everywhere night stands, molding., curtains, cracks, frames, everywhere they literally can be anywhere. they can spread as well. whn i had them they spread to 3 other apts in my building. if u do find one try and save it in a bag

3. ceciliafro

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Mar 14 2017 22:41:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I just go noticed that there´s bedbugs in my apartment, but just in one of the rooms, I have a roommate that barely clean his room...
    We got a canine inspection, because my other romate has a dog; but the thing is that the bedbugs t have been founded only in the room of the dirty one, and not in any the places in the apartment.

Which is the probability to have bedbugs in my room?

I feel my whole body itches, but i checked around my bed, sheets and room and I didn´t find any.

Thank you for your help!!!

4. Livingagain

Posted 9 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 8:27:55
    #

Login to Send PM

You need to start a new thread with this, Cecilia. You'll get more answers.

But anyway, yes, if your roommate has them, you will have them soon, if you don't already. Not all people react to the bites, and all people take a while to start reacting to the bites in the first place. All the roommates involved have to plan for treating the place. Do you have a landlord? In many cases they will be responsible for treatment.

You need to get started right away. A good program will involve a pest control professional steaming, spraying and dusting. And you guys will have to be really involved in checking for where the bugs are, and if they are still there and washing your sheets and blankets. Cimexa is a really effective dust that's not very expensive, see if your pest control person will use that as part of his treatment.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,792 posts in 43,544 topics over 131 months by 19,074 of 19,667 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1