Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Do I have bed bugs? Losing my mind, please help!

(5 posts)
  1. co2998

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 11:26:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all,

I was unlucky enough to be exposed to bed bugs at a friend's house who I found out had a confirmed infestation and long story short I believe I brought them home. I had a pest inspector come out and do a visual inspection and he found nothing. Then, a bed bug dog came out from a different pest company. The same dog came to my house TWICE and found nothing. However, I'm still pretty sure I'm getting bitten because I find mosquito like bites on my body every couple days usually alone, sometimes in groups. My reactions are mild though, and they don't itch. Today, I found a black speck on my comforter. I smeared it with saliva on my thumb and the stain didn't come out, it just turned the surrounding area reddish/orangish. Could I have brought a single bug home that the dog and pest inspector missed? I have included the picture of the spot on my comforter. PLEASE HELP! I'm losing it!

2. co2998

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 11:36:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I forgot to add I have also placed monitors around my bed for the last 3 weeks, and the monitors haven't picked anything up. Also, I checked all my white sheets under the comforter and did not find anything, just that black speck. It would not come out no matter how much I rubbed and just smeared like that.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 11:40:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Three weeks and no concrete evidence sounds great. I am unsure of the cause of the stain in the image, but if there are no marks in the common areas like the piping of the mattress, the tag, the box spring or the rail where the box spring sits on the frame than I think you're in good shape. Stay vigilant, but from what you've posted I don't think you have a bed bug infestation.

What whispers the whisker?
  4. co2998

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 12:25:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I am including these "bites" that were on me this morning too

5. co2998

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 12:26:27
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 45 minutes ago  » 
    Three weeks and no concrete evidence sounds great. I am unsure of the cause of the stain in the image, but if there are no marks in the common areas like the piping of the mattress, the tag, the box spring or the rail where the box spring sits on the frame than I think you're in good shape. Stay vigilant, but from what you've posted I don't think you have a bed bug infestation.

Thank you BigDummy. It's really hard to stay sane when I keep seeing these little things. My paranoia flairs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

259,643 posts in 41,784 topics over 127 months by 18,324 of 18,792 members. Latest: Scballer2187, Divachickt, 2yearsandcounting