(4 posts)
  1. hadenough

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 12:17:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone,

This question is driving me a bit crazy. 4 or 5 months ago, I had at my appartment what seemed like a mild, but clear bed bug infestation. I had multiple bites almost every night, they lasted for days or weeks. Exterminators came and identified one spot of excitement on my matteress. Since then we have had 3 treatments. The first one seemed unsuccessful, the second seemed to work, but then bites started to reappear, and after the third I really don't know...

My house mate doesn't seem to get bites, or react to them. I myself notice small raises bumps once every few days. It's always a single bump, never in clusters or lines, and they disappear literally within hours. Do bed bug bites every go away that quickly? The frequency or number of bites also hasn't increased at all in the month since our last treatment.

I've found a few stains on my sheets that could possibly be blood spots? They seem more diffuse than what I've seen online?

We've NEVER actually seen a bed bug in our appartment.

And yet I still keep getting a little itchy bumps or two every few days. So we go on constantly drying our clothing on high heat to make sure we don't carry the problem out into the world. How can I know if we actually have an infestation? If we do it's extremely small, and the extermination attempts don't seem to resolving these last hold outs

2. hadenough

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 20:02:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Seriously though, the real question that I have here is: Has anyone ever experienced bites that go away in less than a day, sometimes hours. Could that possibly be the result of bedbugs, or am I most likely dealing with something else?

I would really love to hear someones input on this. I don't know if I need to continue with extermination attempts!!

3. cantcallit2016

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 21:46:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I know where you are coming from for a year now have been getting bumps on my body and have found nothing have searched every piece of furniture checked in plastic totes where my clothes are and every inch of my apartment 100 times nothing no bb live or dead, fecel ,skins have had 3 different pcos one partial treatment one full they found nothing have used de on carpets and cimexa all over bed traps with cimexa nothing have also found the blood spots but looked too diffuse and my hands literally crack in bleed in the winter time my family doctor didn't seem too think it was bb bites so I have a appointment with a allergy doctor Thursday only took 3 months but I have had some of my bumps pop up and then the next day be gone sure hope you find out what your problem is soon

4. F. Pazos

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Wed Apr 19 2017 0:18:25
    #

Login to Send PM

The bite reaction tends to vary from person to person, and they may be caused by several reasons that can be insect bites (not only bed bugs), to stress or even health conditions.
    To really find out if you have an infestation I would suggest that you get a PCO to inspect your home.

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

253,386 posts in 40,546 topics over 123 months by 17,741 of 18,101 members. Latest: hopeful77, omgwhut, jadew077