Do Bed Bugs make noise?

(6 posts)
  1. mtijjalexander

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 11 2010 10:40:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I noticed a bug on me this morning when I woke up. It looks like a bed bug but I am not an expert. Do bed bugs make popping sounds? When it was on its back it would make a popping sound until it right side up. We have no other signs, as of right now. We have not been bitten (that we know of) and I am in the middle of checking all our bedrooms.

2. Jenn28

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 11 2010 11:31:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I wish they made noise. Then we'd know they are coming for us. LOL! Honestly though, I've never caught one on its back so I'm not sure.

3. kirads09

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 11 2010 12:40:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know but I sure would love to know the answer to this. Interesting! Did you keep it or get a good picture? If so, you can post a pic for ID.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 11 2010 13:18:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The only noise I have ever heard them make is a pop when a firm finger is applied to them.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 11 2010 13:38:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I hear them (larger, plump adults) when they fall from ceilings on harder surfaces, on me while wearing a Tyvek suit. I push them off a brush into a small plastic vial and when they hit the bottom of the vial, you hear them. It's a tapping or clicking sound of bug onto substrate.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult in all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology.
  6. infestedwbb

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 11 2010 15:11:12
    #

Login to Send PM

that's weird because the one night when I must have killed a hundred wandering on my bed (and hiding in the pillow cases) my memory just keeps putting this sound like crickets lol

I keep telling myself the only sound was the vacuum cleaner but my brain does not want to change the memory...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.