Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Do bed bugs bite really soon after you fall asleep?

(5 posts)
  1. icantwaittomove

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 1:38:54
    #

Login to Send PM

For the life of me, I can't figure out what is causing this.

A while back, I was getting a few bites during my sleep periodically. I had a strong reaction to them, which eventually landed me in the hospital. I thought it was mosquitoes and tried to seal up my windows, but I got bitten within a couple hours of falling asleep. I freaked out and abandoned my room for about a week, then came back and got bitten again. I never slept through the night, and I actually killed a bed bug. I caught something else that looked like a tiny one, my PCO said it "may" have been a nymph but he didn't have a magnifying glass.

After a few nights of daily bites, I abandoned ship again for a few weeks. I came back, hoping the treatment would be effective, but again less than two hours after lying down I got two little bites that have now melded into a big one.

Do bed bugs bite faster when they're hungry?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 23:36:21
    #

Login to Send PM

That seems plausible. Hungry bed bugs are going to be more enthusiastic about eating. However, you need to find visual evidence to confirm bed bugs. If bed bugs are present, fecal stains should be too, as they defecate nearby each time they feed.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. icantwaittomove

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jul 19 2017 19:15:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, thanks for your reply. I didn't find any dark spots, but my PCO said something that made it sound like only adults leave dark spots? I can't find any evidence of BB except that something is biting me, and once I did get a single fecal spot right before I killed the BB. We did have at least a couple at some point, but the lesions I've been getting have been very consistent, even after I encased my mattress.

I'm just very confused...

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Jul 19 2017 22:50:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Since the black spots are digested blood fecal deposit from the bed bug and all of the active life stages (5 nymph stages plus adult male and female) feed on blood, all of them produce feces. You have any types of monitors set?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. icantwaittomove

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Fri Jul 21 2017 22:15:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I have Climbups--I haven't caught anything in them, though. I caught a pill bug or something of its ilk last week, and that's it.

I'm not sure if I should ask this here or make a new topic, but I found this on my pajama shirt near my waist just now. The smaller dot looked black when I first saw it. I dripped some water on it (my PCO said that fecal stains usually run under water), which is why it's a lighter brown now. It doesn't really look like the fecal stain I found on my encasement, but could this be a blood stain?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

259,592 posts in 41,774 topics over 127 months by 18,321 of 18,789 members. Latest: Murtyz, Winnie93x, buggyname