Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Do bed bug fecal matter stains wash out easily?

(11 posts)
  1. novabedbug

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 31 2011 12:10:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Today I found weird dark stains on my pillow casing. It was in a circle and resembled a bed bug stain. I didn't take picture but I used a cottonball with water and wiped it. It came right off, do bed bug stains come right out? or do they need to be washed. I found it odd that it came out right away, that means it's not an old blood stain or anything.

2. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 31 2011 15:53:40
    #

Login to Send PM

It came right off, do bed bug stains come right out?

No, BBs fecal spots don't come off easily even if washed many times...

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 31 2011 17:34:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Just to confirm, hemoglobin the main element of blood is one of the most staining compounds in the world. It will not wash out, if anything it diffuses more down the fibers of the threads with each wash.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 31 2011 19:14:03
    #

Login to Send PM

What if it's given a cold pre-soak? That works for me for plain blood.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 31 2011 19:22:08
    #

Login to Send PM

No blood is one of the few things like saffron that stains deep on contact and there is easy way to remove the traces.

I often say to people get cheap sheets on the bed and keep it all white till the bedbugs have left the building. You can always die them a dark colour later.

David

6. EndOfMyRope

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 1 2011 6:56:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I was going to ask a similar question - there are stains on my bedding that will not come out..makes it hard to know if theyre old or recent.. My son and I are prone to nose bleeds due to seasonal allergies, which I have always been able to remove using peroxide before laundering but absolutely nothing works to get these marks out. Just one more thing to have to replace if I ever get rid of these blasted things *sigh

7. novabedbug

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 4 2011 14:09:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I woke up again with black stains on my pillow resembling bed bug fecal. Seriously, there's no rational reasoning as to what can be causing these dark stains on my pillow. I don't think it's bed bug fecal because they wash off right away with water with a quick wipe but I do think it is just because maybe I got it fresh so it doesn't stain or something? Seriously at a loss and can't not rationalize the black stains on my pillow....

I already ruled out bed bugs for my red itchy bumps but there are these stains on my pillow, what the heck. I guess I should just buy black pillow cases and ignore it completely.

8. cwwb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 21:24:04
    #

Login to Send PM

i am very excited to have read this, i had just been worried about some dark spots in the corners of my bed frame, but they wiped off of untreated wood (which is very absorbent) very easily with a damp cloth. good news right?

9. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 21:31:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like it is good news. I'm glad you bumped it. I've noticed some black stains on my white sheets Friday night, but they have all washed out...near my feet but I bath before going to bed. The stains didn't wipe off but came out in the wash yesterday...so hopefully, no problem.

Just a FYI, I have nosebleeds if my allergies get bad...part of the reason I switched from black sheets to white was to discern nosebleeds. I'll have to try perioxide. I've tried other things even bleach and there usually remains a faint yellow stain.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  10. scared of bedbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Nov 8 2011 14:36:12
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 2 months ago  » 
    No blood is one of the few things like saffron that stains deep on contact and there is easy way to remove the traces.
    I often say to people get cheap sheets on the bed and keep it all white till the bedbugs have left the building. You can always die them a dark colour later.
    David

if i wash human blood stains with cold water, it comes out very easily. Please tell me that bb fecal matter doesnt react the same way even though their fecal matter is basically blood. I'm hoping that bb's digested blood has a different chemical compound make up which makes it impossible to wash out. Because i've been finding small little spots on my sheets every now and then but feel relieved when i am able to take a little soap and cold water on a towel and completely remove the spots because i've read that bb fecal matter on linens is impossible to wash away.

11. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Nov 8 2011 18:47:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Bump. I'm interested in Scared's question too. I've always had a little bit of trouble (even presoaking, even in cold) getting rid of all traces of some nosebleeds. I haven't been worried that there have been a few blood stains on my pillow (no bites).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.