Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Do bed bug bites always leave a mark/welt?

(5 posts)
  1. Jbeatlebuggy

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Aug 7 2011 19:56:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Because ever since i have been feeling bugs "biting" me, i have yet to see a red mark show up. And this has been happening since about july 27th/28th .

2. newtactics

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Aug 7 2011 22:45:27
    #

Login to Send PM

It appears that very little is known about the effect the bugs, and the products used to kill them, have on the skin.

Bite responses vary from person to person. What stage are you in in your treatment? What makes you think you are being bitten?

I didnt get any bite responses for months, now, my skin flares up all the time, I don't know why, I'm desparately hoping its for some reason other than being crawled over in the night by bedbugs but I'm not sure.

I'm checking daily for feacal smears etc and I suggest you do the same...

3. Jbeatlebuggy

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Aug 7 2011 23:13:13
    #

Login to Send PM

actually i havent been getting treatments, i started feeling bugs crawling on my skin and biting me july 27th/28th . I had terminix come out for a free inspection and the guy didnt see any signs of bed bugs . I havent seen any bugs (dead or alive) and i havent seen any bed bug skin castings. I will feel a bug bite my arm and when i look down there is nothing there. And trust me i do check multiple times a day for any sign of bed bugs. Its driving me crazy really.

4. makoto06

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 0:18:15
    #

Login to Send PM

If you actually feel a bite and do not see anything, I would think it is some form of reaction on your skin. Bed bug bites are generally painless, so you would not even know you were being bit. When I was being bit I had welts that were the size of a pencil head eraser, to 3 inches wide. I have read that some people do not react to bites, but I would think you would have at least some form of point of entry. In your case, I would not be too concerned.

5. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 15:35:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Iiuc, the mark is a result of your body's reaction to the bite, not a direct effect of the bite itself. Not everyone reacts.

http://bedbugger.com/2010/04/04/latest-research-on-bed-bug-bites-says-most-do-react/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,121 posts in 28,293 topics over 87 months by 12,191 of 19,345 members. Latest: sera143, falc, falc2
Site Meter