(4 posts)
  1. BBAB

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 16:37:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm OBSESSED with this website.
    Does anyone know how well baking soda works for mild infestations?
    I ordered CimeXa but itll take a few weeks to get here so I put baking soda all over my mattress for the time being to see if it would do anything...

PS. are there different strains of bed bugs? because when I got bitten back in one province I was severely allergic to the bites, but in this province im hardly reacting at all to the bites?

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 17:59:04
    #

Login to Send PM

They just did a study recently where the tropical bedbug can more readily escape pitfall traps. They've recently been found in Florida and I'm sure it won't be long before that species starts to spread. Not sure if the bite mechanism is any different.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. bedbugsbugme

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 18:08:53
    #

Login to Send PM

The only thing baking soda will do for your bed is probably keep it smelling fresh. 😂Unlike DE, baking soda dissolves completely in fluid. So it would not have the ability to absorb the bed bugs waxy coating.

As for you reacting differently to bites in different places it could be that where you stayed last time there was an allergen you were already reacting to and that made you able to react to bite. Or it could have to do with the weather and dry skin. Now you may not be reacting as easily because those factors are not present. This is just my theory though, I'm not an expert. The only other relatives to bed bugs that I know of are tropical bed bugs (in hot climates), bat bugs and bird bugs. I'm not sure if those bites cause different reactions or not.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  4. BBAB

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Mar 18 2017 18:39:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmmm I see okay hahah well I guess I'll vacuum up the baking soda when the cimexa arrives. As for the bites, I got bites at 2 different people's houses but it was the same family of bed bugs and I actually saw one ON my arm sucking me dry and I had a huge itchy welt afterwards (I stayed over that night and when I woke up was just covered in bites everywhere and my eyelid got bit as well causing it to swell shut for 3 days). Just seems strange about the bites being different? I tore this mattress and box frame inside out and only found 2 very dessicated bed bugs which was strange? Any thoughts???

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,792 posts in 43,544 topics over 131 months by 19,074 of 19,667 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1