Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

different reactions to bed bug bites?

(3 posts)
  1. BBAB

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 22:41:00
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I have been bitten by bed bugs before and I am EXTREMELY allergic to the bites. I get huge, itchy welts. I moved into a place and it's been about 2 months living here and a couple weeks ago I started noticing bites after waking up from naps or bed in the morning. I have gotten a few single bites here and there on my arms only. They are very small and itch when I find them, then they arent itchy anymore.
    Is it possible that i'm not being bitten by bed bugs considering ive reacted so badly to them in the past? I looked everywhere around the mattress and boxspring and didnt find any BB evidence or fecal spots except for ONE DEAD FLAT DRIED OUT BED BUG.
    I ordered some DE and i'm going to put it all around my mattress.
    Has anybody been bitten by bed bugs on separate occasions and had different reactions?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 23:34:36
    #

Login to Send PM

How often were you being bitten?

It's possible it wasn't bed bugs. You really can't be sure even if you've had similar reactions to bed bugs before, because other things can cause similar reactions.

It's possible it was bed bugs but the bites were happening somewhere else and you brought a single bed bug in.

It's even possible they were bird or bat bugs (have there been any birds or bats nesting in or on the building?)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BBAB

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Mar 16 2017 0:06:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been getting bitten for approx 2 weeks or less and in total I have had 3-4 bites on my arm and 1 on my hand. I usually get around 1 a day I would say? I noticed one yesterday on my arm after a nap, and one today a few hours I had gotten out of bed.

When I got bitten by bed bugs before, I would get MASSIVE itchy red welts (I got bit on the eyelid once and my eye was swollen for 3 days, that is how severely allergic I was to the bites) so its strange that that isnt happening with these bites?

What would be your advice? I've already looked everywhere around the mattress and boxspring and found nothing...and like I said, I only found the one dead bug under the sheets.

Oh, and I havent seen any birds except for the first time today I saw a pigeon on the balcony? The apartment has a roach problem (which I seem to have taken care of for now) so I have been leaving boxes with groceries and dishes, etc on the balcony outside.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,792 posts in 43,544 topics over 131 months by 19,074 of 19,667 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1