Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Difference between face acne and bedbug bites???

(4 posts)
  1. prephelpny2011

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2011 18:19:09
    #

Login to Send PM

We have had our second treatment. No bites on arms or legs.
    I have several bumps on my face, some are by themselves, one was in a row of three vertically, a couple are in a cluster/circle of three. I tend to break out with acne more during summer anyways.
    Dermatologist has not been able to identify bedbug bites in my prior three appointments, even though we had a confirmed bedbug identified in our apartment.
    We don't know if the treatment worked or if these are bed bug bites. Any advice anyone? Don't know whether to ask for another treatment.
    We have not found any bedbugs in the ClimbUps we installed and there is no visual evidence of bedbugs. The bites on the arms and legs were obviously, lots of painful swelling. These face bumps are not painful, not much more swelling than with acne, they are bright red, seem to have hard center.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2011 18:28:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its not possible to diagnose from bites or reactions alone.

The best thing to do is to read the FAQ's and look at the galleries so you can check the area for:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

These are the three key identifying signs of an infestation which may require a detailed inspection of the area but if its bedbugs they will always be present. K9 scent detection can also be used to help narrow down areas but only visual confirmation is an acceptable standard for the confirmation of bedbugs.

Hopefully it was just a temporary medical condition.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  3. prephelpny2011

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Aug 19 2011 10:40:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David, the problem is there is NO sign of bedbugs only these bumps on my face that could be acne, bedbug bites, or who knows, some other biting insect.

It's only been about 1 1/2 weeks since chemical treatment and i got brand new pillow, so is it likely these could be bedbug bites?

I am going to install the BB passive alert. Should I put it at the foot of my bed, where i got really nasty bites on my legs or should i put it at the head of my bed, where I have the potential bites or acne now?
    THANKS!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Aug 19 2011 11:27:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you have had more than 20 bites and cant find any of the listed signs then the chances are its not bedbugs.

Normally you would install the passive at the head end but if you are getting most activity at the feet end then you can install there. If you do and still get bites but no signs on the passive after 3 - 4 days I would say its a strong indication that its not bedbugs.

This is why its so essential to get confirmation of the issue before treatment as different pests require different treatment patterns and approaches.

Hope that helps.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.