Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Diatomaceous Earth and exterminator..is it ok to mix?

(3 posts)
  1. goingcrazy88

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Dec 17 2017 21:45:46
    #

Login to Send PM

So I already had one round of 4 treatments done by an exterminator. The first round failed but found the source and treated and got rid of it. By the fourth treatment, the exterminator didnt see a single live bug. I thought I was on the right track there. Well, after about a week after the fourth treatment, the bugs are back. I can't find a single one anywhere. But I can feel them crawling on me and getting bit still. So are my boys. Ive been dealing with this since september. I dont understand how they're not gone, unless we have stragglers that keep going back to the recliner, which is my guess for the source because i dont see any at all. I was recommended diatomaceous earth by my sons teacher and a couple of other people. They said it takes a little time but they eventually die sometime after dusting it everywhere. If we have an infestation, i know this won't rid of the problems entirely but i would like to get some peaceful sleep and sure my boys would too. My dad happened to run a service call to one of the employees of a pest control company where I live(the same one who treated my place the first time) and they offered to do a second round of 3 treatments at no cost, but I imagine my dad made a deal with them, just a guess. Anyway, my whole point of posting is..
    Is it ok to apply diatomaceous earth before and exterminator comes in? Theyre usually scheduled at least 2 weeks out and I honestly dont know how much longer i have until i lose it. They're getting caught in my hair and found that out in the shower. I also have bites in there. So i take it back..I did see 2 of them. Also, is it normal to hear them drop on the ground if youre on tile or cement? Ive heard that sound 2 or 3 times. Sounds like a tiny marble or something falling on the floor. Just a light "clink". Could that be bugs faling off me?

2. thirdusername

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Dec 17 2017 22:20:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't heard of bugs falling off a person but I can see how that would be annoying.

I have no idea about the DE.
    Good luck though.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. F. Pazos

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Dec 19 2017 4:11:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I can read your panic.... pls don't.

The best you can do about the DE is check with your PCO, for both, respect and because you don't really know and understand the process... Every PCO has a different set of rules and approach (not better, not worst... just what has been showing us the best results for our companies), so your best chance for success would be to follow their instructions.
    About bed bugs in your hair, sorry, but i find it difficult... they are not the most athletic bugs and they struggle in my arm hair (and no, i didn't put them in my head.... yet )
    About the noise, i can't say they can't do any noise when they fall to the floor as there must be some, but, surely not the one you describe and definitely you wouldn't be capable to hear it (unless you have a hearing superpower )
    I hope this (slightly humorous) comment can ease you

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,513 posts in 44,038 topics over 133 months by 19,284 of 19,912 members. Latest: Aegis_, paulsinn, emeralddragonfly